PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my car woot!!!

1Str8G
July 24th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Finally got my car I have been wanting, a brand new 2004 350Z. Black with black interior. Was a surprise here is how it went:

On the way to go to the show in a town 30 minutes from our hometown:
Me: OMG there goes another freaking 350Z baby.
Wife: Yea, it's a pretty color.
Me: I'm going to get one one day just wait and see.
Wife: Go get one now.
Me: Don't play games.
Wife: Go get one.
Me: WTF, don't play games. You know if I goto that dealership and they approve it I am going to walk away with it.
Wife: Ok
Me: Ok then, you just better be sure your ready to trade in the SUV and drive the Sentra some.
Wife: I wanna ZIP ZIP ZIP around town so go ahead.

3 hours later we are driving home in the new 350Z woot. Washed it today, bought $100 in cleaning crap to wash it tomorrow and wax it.

....wife is gone to work in it, I got the Sentra right now though :tears

calamari
July 24th, 2004, 07:32 PM
noooo, your so lucky. wanna trade cars? :)

SweetGirL
July 24th, 2004, 08:20 PM
....wife is gone to work in it,....

LMAO!!!!! So much for "your car"!! :rolleyes:

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 24th, 2004, 08:29 PM
what is a 350Z??? Can you post a link picture or something? lol

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 24th, 2004, 08:46 PM
LMAO!!!!! So much for "your car"!! :rolleyes:

lmao, you got completely suckered by the woman!!!!!! rookie.

1Str8G
July 24th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Hey, that's ok lol. I get it on 4 days during the week and one weekend day currently lol. Here is a website with some 350Z shots:

Link to 350Z (http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/426759)

Once I get some digital pics of it I will post em.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 24th, 2004, 09:18 PM
congrats f00

Sniper
July 25th, 2004, 01:30 AM
does the word puppet mean anything to you, rofl

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
July 25th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Nice car man....I made the mistake while buying our xterra waiting for all the loan stuff to go thru of test driving one. All I have to say is w00t. Its not practical for us right now otherwise I would have been like, ummm hang on just a minute I want this one instead. Remember..Dont drive stupid:)

Daedelus
July 25th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Get some of that no dry mr clean car wash stuff it works great for a new car like that.
Congrates.

aCiD
July 25th, 2004, 05:53 PM
PLEASE oh PLEASE tell me you didnt get a convertable! PLEASE! the hardtops are AWESOME! the convertables DISGUSTE me! i like the Infinitie Q39? whatever its called there version of it.. its neato w00t

Swedish
July 25th, 2004, 06:02 PM
OMG sweet. those cars rule!!!!!

Timbo
July 25th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Hi. I work at a local dealerships for Nissan 14 years. we are having a big problem with the 350z. the front tires on the car is wearing out at 8.000.00 miles 10.000.00.This Nissan 350z is a good car but we are having problem with tires. on this car. The most important thing you can do.is to check the proper air in the tires. need to run 35 pounds air for the tires.

1Str8G
July 25th, 2004, 11:32 PM
It's the hardtop Acid. And Timbo you are referring to this:

Tire Feathering - Due to the fact theres too much camber (wheels tilted slightly in at the top) causes the inside of the tires to wear faster than the rest of it. The type of wearing isn't your typical wear either, it starts to cause cupping which in turn causes a lot of roadnoise at highway speeds. Nissan has not yet released a true TSB for this, only pretty much suggest getting an Alignment to check Toe-In. Sounds as if they're also trying to avoid a recall for every Z. But to those who have considerable road noise and need new tires. I've heard Nissan replacing those tires after calling NNA.

Does the alignment seem to actually help any like suggested?

Also in relation to the tire issue:

Pulling - Nissan has released another TSB which states if the vehicle pulls, while traveling at 60mph on highway type surfaces and all 4 wheels cross into the other lane with no driver input for 7 seconds. They will replace a rod to help solve this. Sounds like a semi-fix for the Tirefeathering also.

Timbo
July 27th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Hey 1Str8G We Have alignment some 350z. it help some time, but the front tires is to soft....Nissan is coming out some new tires for this problem.. this car had so much Toe-In........like a race car This car handle very good.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==