PDA

View Full Version : South Beach Diet

SweetGirL
July 22nd, 2004, 04:53 PM
Can someone help me find the South Beach Diet on the net, so I don't have to spend $18 + tax buying the book? I need to start this diet ASAP! I've got all the ingredients to make fudge this weekend, and I plan to start the diet on Monday after the fudge has been consumed. Seriously, "I'm a donkey on the edge"!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 22nd, 2004, 06:09 PM
SG from the looks of your pictures you don't need to go on a diet!!! You look fine the way you are... Go eat your Fudge girl!!!!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 22nd, 2004, 07:57 PM
I would have to concure :) From your PICS you look just fine.... And thats all im going to say cause I might say somthing ungentmanly like, and I would not want to make anyone MAD...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
July 22nd, 2004, 08:45 PM
I prefer the MadMAX diet myself. I've been on it for 24 years, and it works GREAT for me...I don't really lose any weight, but I'm always full...and I get to eat what ever I want.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
July 22nd, 2004, 10:11 PM
I concure...Max turned me on to this years ago and it is by far the best diet out there:)

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 22nd, 2004, 10:31 PM
No need for a diet sweetgirl, you look good the way you are!

[uGa] Saint
July 22nd, 2004, 11:08 PM
sweetgirl noooooooo!!! you need to be eating MORE food, not less!! Just ask eob!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
July 23rd, 2004, 04:32 AM
are you kidding me?!?! She is like 300lb! Your going to need more then a diet! sheesh go get a hose and suck some of that out! hahaha j/k hun.. but from personal exp it doesn't matter how many of us tell her that she doesn't need to, in her eyes she think she will. SO SOMEONE GET THIS GIRL THA BOOK!

[uGa] Saint
July 23rd, 2004, 06:23 AM
are you kidding me?!?! She is like 300lb! Your going to need more then a diet! sheesh go get a hose and suck some of that out!

hahahahaha.... ha.... hmm... wait, thats how much I weigh, DOH!

LA_MERC_JESTER
July 23rd, 2004, 06:51 AM
Hell what you need to do is put that hubby of yours on a diet!!! lol

eNdOfBeGinNinG
July 23rd, 2004, 08:34 AM
i'm sure all of couse loose a few lb.. ha ever week i'm gaining 5lb and its not going away. Too much fast food, and pc.. doh

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 23rd, 2004, 09:12 AM
Hell what you need to do is put that hubby of yours on a diet!!! lol

lmao, I was thinking that too, but I'm glad you said it...not me..hehehe

btw, I've lost about 15 lbs over the past year, I'm almost to the point where i can get out of my bed now.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 23rd, 2004, 09:27 AM
After seeing a few pictures of my self at the last LaMerc Lan I knew I had to do something about myself. I looked like a ugly cow LOL.. So I started Jogging/walking and I've lost about 8 pounds. I lost 10 but I got lost for about 2 weeks now and I'm getting back in line now. I have about 5 to 10 more pounds to go. And I'll be happy.

SweetGirL
July 23rd, 2004, 10:36 AM
DL, keep up the good work. I do NOT think, by any means, that you need to lose any weight from the pictures I saw of you!! It's too hot here to go walking in the afternoons, and I don't feel energetic in the mornings to go out and exercise. I think what has happened is that I have been eating a bit more protein lately which builds muscle - that may account for my 6-7 pound weight gain, but I'm not sure. I still plan to try to diet for a week or two and see if I lose anything. Thanks for the support and nice comments. I have always had a weight problem, and it just scares me to see that the scales say I am gaining....although it may be muscle. My size 2 clothes still fit me; I've not gone up in size, so maybe it is muscle. :dunno As for my hubby, he has been doing wonderful on losing weight and is really trying. It's my fault - I cook huge meals (as you all know), and since I don't eat much, I encourage him to eat my big dinners. For those that have never had an issue with weight, you could never understand...for those of us that struggle with it, it's a witch.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 23rd, 2004, 10:40 AM
I've cut WAY back on the number of carbs and stuff that I take in and have been exercising a lot more over the last 3 months. Will continue till I get to my target weight (may die trying, though! lol).

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 23rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks SG but I have a few rolls it's just people can't see them because my jeans holds them all in. lol.. AND OMG you wear a size 2!!!! that mite can fit around my legs! lol... Good job tho but don't loose no weight you look good the way you are..

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
July 23rd, 2004, 12:36 PM
Just go on the CS diet, Play A LOT of CS but don't eat when you are playing.
Ever since I started playing CS I've lost over 30 lbs.

SweetGirL
July 23rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
Just go on the CS diet, Play A LOT of CS but don't eat when you are playing.
Ever since I started playing CS I've lost over 30 lbs.

It's funny you mention eating while playing CS, Kor. [And good job, btw, on the weight loss. =)] But I tend to eat more when I play CS, because I play CS at night when I am "snacky". It's usually wheat thins, some green grapes, and a little mild cheddar cheese with a diet pepsi (my favorite snack foods). Sometimes I eat chips though. Other then that, I don't eat real fattening foods though while I play, but good to keep it in mind.

DL, I just got these Abercrombie & Fitch jeans that seem to "hide" that extra roll....they were on sale too, so you can't beat that. :P

EOB .... I'm 300 lbs, huh??!!!! :nono I'm 5'7", and if you tell me YOUR weight, I'll tell you mine. :P (NEVER!!!!!!)

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 23rd, 2004, 02:28 PM
EOB weighs 80 pounds...fully clothed.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 23rd, 2004, 02:57 PM
and wet!!!

Silent_Killer
July 23rd, 2004, 03:11 PM
I'm 5'7"

jeez now i feel tall.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 23rd, 2004, 03:11 PM
With Seductive on his back :)

LA_MERC_Drax
July 23rd, 2004, 06:07 PM
I had a friend do that south beach diet...thought it was pretty retarded myself, my diet prevents me from gaining any weight, ya know that liquid diet of beers and booze :)

JUNKY
July 23rd, 2004, 06:22 PM
It's the Bender diet.

SweetGirL
July 23rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
jeez now i feel tall.

Why is that? FYI, 5'7" is at the high end of normal for a female. I am, by no means, short. Although, if I were 6'8", I could eat whatever the hell I wanted and be the correct height/weight.....if only that could happen. lol

I checked today. I am 10 pounds under weight for my height. It still doesn't make me feel any better.....................so I made myself fugde. MMMMM! I guess I'll just do as Cartman - - - "I'm not fat....I'm just bigboned." :)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 23rd, 2004, 09:02 PM
I'm also a tall girl SG, I'm about 5'8" i'm kinda between the middle and the high end of my weight for my height. I've never had this much of a weight problem. I've always been under weight. I tell ya having babies will sure put your body for a loop! Not unless your one of those skinny minnies that can go right back to there weight and clothes right after giving birth! (I hate those kind =P)

SweetGirL
July 23rd, 2004, 10:29 PM
Dragonlady']...Not unless your one of those skinny minnies that can go right back to there weight and clothes right after giving birth! (I hate those kind =P)

I say we should burn those at the stake!!! lol :gimli:

eNdOfBeGinNinG
July 23rd, 2004, 11:36 PM
i'm proud to say I am 175lb! Thats 40lb more since the 1st lan, and 25lb since last lan!

calamari
July 24th, 2004, 12:51 AM
I found the recipes from the south beach diet, but none of the other stuff in the book. if you want those just let me know, its in a pdf file.

SweetGirL
July 24th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Wow, thanks, Cam! How do I get them from you? Can you post a link here or something?

calamari
July 24th, 2004, 10:54 AM
i hope this works, i have no idea what i'm doing.

Silent_Killer
July 24th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Why is that? FYI, 5'7" is at the high end of normal for a female.

that may be but is 6'1 the normal hieght for a 14 year old kid?

Sniper
July 24th, 2004, 02:16 PM
hey im not an expert in diets but try this link out it might help.
http://secure.agoramedia.com/index_sbd2.asp?showupdate=1&promo=7BA99B16-34DE-438F-8F0D-D9B4A75063DB&email=

SgtJeff
July 24th, 2004, 05:07 PM
So, EOB, now we can actually see ya when you turn sidewayz??? When I was out in La last, you turned, and H4X, disappeared...hmm...someone been feedin you boy???...LOL..j/k..Sweets, all these posts and no help until the last couple...finally someone actually gave you a link...LOL..Thanks Calamari, tho dont think urs worked, but you tried....Sniper..gj.....btw, how was the fudge Sweets?

Sniper
July 25th, 2004, 01:52 AM
ha ha im still a youngin so i get to eat all the junk food i want and i still just way 115.

SweetGirL
July 25th, 2004, 08:22 AM
that may be but is 6'1 the normal hieght for a 14 year old kid?

You are very tall for your age, yes.

Drax says that to the ladies allll the time...........

...btw, how was the fudge Sweets?

OMG, fudge is so awesome!!! Even my 2-year-old, Reed, thinks so - I stepped out of the room for just a few minutes yesterday, only to come back to find that he had gotten the fudge off the counter, placed it IN FRONT OF THE TV in the living room (typical male :P), and was dipping his fingers into it! Busted!!

Silent_Killer
July 25th, 2004, 11:24 AM
hahahahahahahahahahaha. like father like son

Sniper
July 25th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Quote: original-sweetgirl

roflmao

Slayer
July 25th, 2004, 11:52 AM
You are very tall for your age, yes.

OMG, fudge is so awesome!!! Even my 2-year-old, Reed, thinks so - I stepped out of the room for just a few minutes yesterday, only to come back to find that he had gotten the fudge off the counter, placed it IN FRONT OF THE TV in the living room (typical male :P), and was dipping his fingers into it! Busted!!

LoL

I'm on the seafood diet. I sea food, and I eat it! HAHA! Get it? :laugh:

SweetGirL
July 25th, 2004, 12:35 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha. like father like son

Er, like mother like son. I'm the piggy of the this family, I'll have you know! :stick

LA_MERC_Drax
July 25th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Always hatin on the playa sweetz...geez

Apocalypse
July 25th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Where is Dr. Phil when you need him???

Drax, I thought you were the guy with the 30-second thunder stick...lol (player love)

SweetGirL
July 25th, 2004, 10:33 PM
']Drax, I thought you were the guy with the 30-second thunder stick...lol (player love)

30 seconds? Isn't that giving him more credit then is due? :owned

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 26th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Sweets, my wife is doing weight watchers so she has some stuff that you can snack on and it's not a lot of calories/carbs, or however you calculate that stuff for weight watchers. Lay's WoW potatoe chips, you can eat half the bag and it's only 5 "points," Nabisco 100 calorie packs, they have cheese nips, oreo cookies, chocolate chips cookies and some others I can't think of right now. The stuff taste's pretty good so your not losing anything their plus you can eat a fair amount of it and not add a whole lot to your overall caloric intake.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 26th, 2004, 07:42 AM
At least he was kind enough to eat it on the carpet where it would be forever instead of eating on the wood floor where clean-up is easy... ;)

SweetGirL
July 26th, 2004, 10:21 AM
At least he was kind enough to eat it on the carpet where it would be forever instead of eating on the wood floor where clean-up is easy... ;)

lol Reed went into the fridge yesterday when my back was turned, got out the Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie dough and brought it to the SAME EXACT spot on the rug, in front of the television, of course, and was dipping his fingers into it. That boy has a sweet tooth like his mother, I'm tellin' ya! lol

I didn't start my diet today. I'm not sure what to do about it. This is a stressful week already, and I need my carbs and fatty foods. :P

Always hatin on the playa sweetz...geez
Oh, I would never "hate", Drax.......................just observing....always watching. lol :stick

Silent_Killer
July 26th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Er, like mother like son. I'm the piggy of the this family, I'll have you know! :stick

srry. O btw, Oinky Oink Oink. j/p

LA_MERC_Yankee
July 26th, 2004, 02:43 PM
lol Reed went into the fridge yesterday when my back was turned, got out the Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie dough and brought it to the SAME EXACT spot on the rug, in front of the television, of course, and was dipping his fingers into it. That boy has a sweet tooth like his mother, I'm tellin' ya! lol

H4X, I say. I did no such thing. I don't even think we have cookie dough in the fridge. I would consider doing something like that. :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==