PDA

View Full Version : SpyWare....er

aCiD
July 6th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Okay, heres the dillio i turn my puter on and click the IE icon and some weirdo res://jsev-ejfweoihf.com? something poped up, had a MSN icon in top left corner and im gettin hundreds of pop ups saying "Your Computer has infected with spyware" and all this other kind of crap.. i ignored it, and now its BOTHERING ME! what can i do to clean it up, i've never reformated, lol..dunno how, i think ill screw up something, is there anything i can download to get rid of all this crap? HELP PLEASE! lol :xmas7

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 6th, 2004, 05:08 PM
get spybot: search and destroy and maybe adware and use those to help clean up your system...

aCiD
July 6th, 2004, 05:10 PM
where can i get spybot - i have adaware, dosent seem to do anything...

$pecto|2
July 6th, 2004, 05:13 PM
www.downloads.com search for spybot search and destroy , then ad-aware.

Edited: like mercy said right b4 me

install/run both. then get a different browser.. anything is better then ie and safer. i suggest firefox/mozilla

btw, reformating is good thing to do occasionaly, even if u dont have problems.

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 6th, 2004, 06:46 PM
yeah...i agree with the different browsers...I personally use firefox .90 beta and it works great..and has a lot of extensions that you can add to the browser that does a lot of useful things..

also, it doesnt hurt to format every now and then...and a little tip when doing it, make the harddrive into at least 2 partitions. One small one for the OS and then install all the programs on the second partition, that way you dont have to reinstall everything when you want to reformat the computer. You just make new shortcuts to the programs.

LA_MERC_Nutria
July 6th, 2004, 06:59 PM
As I said before I use Bazooka. It goes into great detail on how to get rid of those things.
Fixed it POTATO Boy

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 6th, 2004, 07:27 PM
']As I said before I ude Bazooka. It goes into great detail on how to get rid of those things.

what the heck is ude?

Daedelus
July 7th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Haha it be Goose talked

LA_MERC_goose
July 7th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Haha it be Goose talked
Ok, my name was mentioned! What did I do or who did I try to kill?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==