PDA

View Full Version : Spybot help

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
July 5th, 2004, 11:04 PM
ok, can someone give me a better run down on this thing

im not one for sitting and reading pages of instructions

i "found problems" and i "fixed problems"

i had 15 problems that couldnt be fixed even after i restarted.. so what do i do about those?

and what else is there to be done with this thing?

LA_MERC_Maverick
July 5th, 2004, 11:27 PM
for problems that could not be fixed after restarting, that means that the problems exist in such a way that they are in use and cannot be deleted, you would need to find out how those problems are in use, spybot gives you the exact location of the file, that you can then track down registry keys for and windows processes in task manager.

so far as what else it does, i have no clue....lol!

LA_MERC_Nutria
July 6th, 2004, 05:47 AM
I use Bazooka... It actually tells you exactly where to find and remove the spybot. I had pop-up problems a while back and this was the only program that helped.
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 6th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Also, try running the program again in Windows Safe Mode...that's worked for me from time to time...LaTech

[uGa] Saint
July 6th, 2004, 06:50 AM
i usually double team my ad/spy ware with Spybot and Adaware, i dont think ive ever had stuff that one or the other wasnt able to delete... Mav and Latech both have good ideas that you should try, spybot cant delete it cause its in use, so maybe starting in safe mode would do the trick... if you cant stop the process from running pm me cause i have a program that would prolly work for ya... :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==