PDA

View Full Version : Really want to try out SWG?

LA_MERC_Onji
July 1st, 2004, 08:29 AM
Well here you go, fileplanet (yeah i know) is offering a 14day free trial. No credit card info needed during the trial period. Whats cool about this is, you can download the client instead of paying $30-$40 for it in a store. The only catch? Its a 2gig download.

Here's the link:
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/140938.shtml

[uGa] Saint
July 1st, 2004, 08:35 AM
Awesome!! Im gonna start the download when i get home, it'll probably take 13 1/2 years to complete, but at least i'll eventually know what the heck the rest of you are talking about, w00t!!

LA_MERC_Onji
July 1st, 2004, 08:38 AM
lol yeah, i really hope the 14 day trial starts after the download, cause it may take half that long to download it lol

bighead
July 1st, 2004, 08:40 AM
LOL onji. get w/ me on wanderhome when you get it installed. Name is kennja or kennad

[uGa] Saint
July 1st, 2004, 08:46 AM
lol, im with you on that onji... do you guys mind if i try and find you as well?? Otherwise ill prolly just find a corner and cry my character to sleep...how does it work? You join a world and then travel to different cities or somethin?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
July 1st, 2004, 08:53 AM
did they ever fix the lag in the city? thats the one thing I hated about it. I also heard you don't have to walk for 1hr and 15 mins irl time to do a quest now :p Hey.. how many times can you do the free trial ;)?

bighead
July 1st, 2004, 12:05 PM
I don't lag in any city usually..Coronet is very populated sometimes b/c that is where everyone goes to buy and sell stuff so sometimes you do lag there. They have bikes and mounts so going places do not take long at all.

roXet
July 2nd, 2004, 08:40 AM
yeah, ya'll look me up on Wanderhome. My name is "roXet'

bighead
July 2nd, 2004, 10:49 AM
Actually Rox get w/ me later if you would..i need to hook ya up w/ some stuff :)

roXet
July 2nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
ok biggs, I'll do it. I havn't played in like a week because the wife and I have been watching seasons 2 and 3 of Six Feet Under. We are done with it now, so I'll play this weekend.

CajunTech
July 2nd, 2004, 03:04 PM
Does anyone have a paid file planet account I can use to download it? I used a friends a while back and downloaded Planetside 1.5GB I think in around an hour or so.

Daedelus
July 2nd, 2004, 03:08 PM
yeah hit us up in the city of aloysis north of coronet on corellia. makes sure it wanderhome server.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
July 2nd, 2004, 03:22 PM
the game sucks

i played it for around 4 months

you get really hooked at first.. but once you find out all about it.. the game sucks

now.. if you are just a boring "love to just get on and chat with my friends" type player.. then i would probably recommend it

but if you get that itch to kill someone and go PvP.. the game comes apart. the fight last all of about 5 seconds.. and you have to fight 1000 meters out of the city to not lag

coronet isnt the only bad city.. most of all the major city's you are going to hit hard lag.. unless you got a 128 mb vid card and a lot of ram

bottom line.. with 14 days.. that will proabably make you buy the game.

then when you finally do waste 70 to 100 hours on the game.. you'll be like.. wtf.. what a waste of time

gg SWG

Captain
July 2nd, 2004, 04:40 PM
InfectioN']the game sucks

i played it for around 4 months

you get really hooked at first.. but once you find out all about it.. the game sucks

now.. if you are just a boring "love to just get on and chat with my friends" type player.. then i would probably recommend it

but if you get that itch to kill someone and go PvP.. the game comes apart. the fight last all of about 5 seconds.. and you have to fight 1000 meters out of the city to not lag

coronet isnt the only bad city.. most of all the major city's you are going to hit hard lag.. unless you got a 128 mb vid card and a lot of ram

bottom line.. with 14 days.. that will proabably make you buy the game.

then when you finally do waste 70 to 100 hours on the game.. you'll be like.. wtf.. what a waste of time

gg SWG

UR just pissed bc ur not an e-l33t jedi like me!

LA_MERC_Heater
July 2nd, 2004, 09:49 PM
Im now in the game and am loving it...Maybe down the road it will suck,maybe it wont..But i doubt that i will play it forever anyway,so whats acouple of 100hrs...hehe
My name is Tealek Woodwraith on the HomeWander sever...And i am a Uber nOOb..lol
See you in game peeps!

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
July 2nd, 2004, 11:51 PM
you sound like a rookie wookie......

Daedelus
July 3rd, 2004, 02:02 PM
Hears a few pictures for you guy to look at.

roXet
July 8th, 2004, 07:17 AM
arrrgh, it's the Death Watch Bunker!!! RRRUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
July 8th, 2004, 02:14 PM
What is everyone's name in game. I am Xorat. I am in Bria galaxy on Corellia in Cornet.

Silent_Killer
July 8th, 2004, 02:19 PM
screw the 14 day free trial i played it at a friends house and im going buy it. dont care what i costs i have no bills to pay or nothing like that.im goong get the full version

aCiD
July 8th, 2004, 04:16 PM
hey eob when we played i never saw nor had anything THAT cool did j00? i mean i saw a black jedi thing kill some people.. was like "woa!, j00 all, JUST GOT HAXED!" then i started playing cs again and quit SWG :d:

Captain
July 8th, 2004, 08:17 PM
What is everyone's name in game. I am Xorat. I am in Bria galaxy on Corellia in Cornet.

we are all on the Wanderhome Server ... My names are Dasani and Ad'Extremum Bighead is kennja and Kennad Roxet is well Roxet and daedelus' is daedelus' hehe :)

YOur on the wrong Server Man!!!

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
July 9th, 2004, 01:11 AM
I went to the one that MadOne told me to go to. He is the one that talked me into this. Now he is never online to help me out...lol. :stick :twak

bighead
July 9th, 2004, 06:16 AM
LOL that's what you get for listening to mark! hax!

Daedelus
July 11th, 2004, 11:57 AM
yeah mark hax hehe. i know i got into it from hearing captian and mercy talk about it and wa so happy to have buldog show me around along with phantom(speaking of those guy where the been?)of and of corse cant forget Kenja/biggie big help.

I was thinking just make a guy over on wander home we need more La_Merc's in GM (Galactic mercenaries) i may even re-activate my account if we get fresh blood back in there.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
July 18th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Hey guys. My wife wants to play the game so I started her a character on Wanderhome. Her in game name is Isobrey Ellawood. She started off as an Artisan and is on Tatooine right now. Capt was kind enough to tip her some money. If yall see her in game give her a shout. She is still learning but seems to be having fun with the game.

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 18th, 2004, 11:32 PM
tell her to hook up with us rp...im niczis and izcin on wanderhome....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==