PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help....(Job Interview)

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 30th, 2004, 12:53 PM
I am going for an interview tomorrow with Blue Cross Blue Shield in the hopes of obtaining a job within their IT dept. What I need help on is how to handle myself in this interview as this will be a panel interview consisting of at least 5 people. I have done interviews with 3 or less people and that's OK, but more than that gives me the heebee jeebees. What kind of pointers can you provide that will help me mentally handling this type of interview?

I have researched on the internet and educated myself on these types of interviews, but I am hoping to hear from some about their real world experiences with them.

Thanks for any help!

SweetGirL
June 30th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Don't be nervous.......picture them all naked. :biggrin Seriously though, I've never interviewed before a panel of people, so I cannot give any advice. Just wanted to say "good luck!"

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 30th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Eye contact when you are speaking, not just the person that asked the question, but all of them.

}{y|3ri|)
June 30th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Dont allow them to judge you, let them judge your knowledge. Focus on the questions they ask not on them. Im sure they want someone that has normal socail skills, but they are not looking to see what kind of personality you have, they want to evaluate your knowledge.

All else fails imagine them as being nude or something..

hehe GL bro!

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 30th, 2004, 12:59 PM
that's what i would have suggested. eye contact is one of most important things.

roXet
June 30th, 2004, 01:03 PM
pick out the "alpha male" of the interview team, and kick him in the nards.

[uGa] Saint
June 30th, 2004, 01:08 PM
I just interviewed someone with the rest of my team (so it was about 6 of us) for a job as a market research analyst, general things we looked for were: Someone who wasnt afraid to speak up, who wasnt afraid of new people (the whole nervous thing is something we frowned upon), the ability to elaborate and succinctly express their answers (not a bunch of stuttering), basically, its all about confidence without being egotistical. We choose the person who took our questions seriously and was confident in his abilities. I dont know if that helped at all, its all pretty general stuff... GOODLUCK MAN!!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 30th, 2004, 02:20 PM
eye contact
speak clearly - don't mumble
tell the truth, even it the answer is not what you think they want
research Blue Cross and what kind of IT projects they are working on along with what equipment and software they currently use. then in the interview state your knowledge on these facts and how you can assist them.
Ask inteligent questions.
don't give them yes/no answers. elaborate with explanations.
Don't be nervous - you don't have the job now, so you have nothing to lose.

If you can't handle all the above... paint your self Blue and put a big white Cross on your face and paint the shield symbol on your chest. then run through the interview screaming "HIRE ME NOT FOR YOURSELVES, HIRE ME FOR BLUECROSSES FREEDOM" While you fling a keyboard as far as you can.

LA_MERC_goose
June 30th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Ok, that right there ... that was messed up!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
LOL! I think that might just work! LOL! Thanks guys and gals!

LA_MERC_Drifter
June 30th, 2004, 03:24 PM
What they said. lol

Good luck on the interview Mal.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 30th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Just be sure to say "Onward" at some point during the interview ;-)

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 30th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Hush up boon! LOL!

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 30th, 2004, 06:28 PM
actually, if you can work in a "pwned!" or "b00n"...that's always a good thing too

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 30th, 2004, 07:17 PM
a w00t! would be a nice touch, although Mav would prolly vote for a "weeeee" :D

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 30th, 2004, 07:21 PM
YEA!! What tech'y guy in there own right would'nt identifiy with
" You Buncha BOON's Better Hire this NUB, B4 I H4X You All !!.."

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
July 1st, 2004, 06:30 PM
Well, I survived the interview. Must say it was a pretty good interview. Thanks for all of your help so far. I will hear from the the first of the week prolly to see whether I gots it or now. Keep praying for me!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 1st, 2004, 07:34 PM
so the whole "Bravetech" idea worked?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==