PDA

View Full Version : Server Lag

[uGa] Saint
June 18th, 2004, 07:28 AM
I think a question that a lot of us have is: What is with all of the lag on the server lately?? :stick Ive never really seen it consistently bad like this before... is it something with the software, or is it undiagnosed as of now...?

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 18th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Due to the new update for Steam, there are lag issues. We are not the only server to be experiencing this.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 18th, 2004, 08:07 AM
LaTech is correct. These issues appeared during the last major steam update which took place about 3 days ago. Hundreds of linux and windows servers are experiencing these issues and we are waiting on confirmation from Valve along with an action plan or fix to this problem.

I tried to make a temp fix last night so we will see if that helps until Valve can actually release their fix.

We apologize for the inconvience but hope to get things back to running normal as soon as possible.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
June 18th, 2004, 08:44 AM
We apologize for the inconvience but hope to get things back to running normal as soon as possible.
lol back to the normal laggy server :p:
If its worse then normal, I'd hate to see it :rolleyes:

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 18th, 2004, 08:48 AM
I haven't had any lag problems for months, with the exeption of the past few days. Well if you don't count the smoke nade and video card hax.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 18th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Thank goodness Rats started to act normal, I forgot how much fun that map is.

I still do not understand why people don't go to the #2 server.... It runs way smoother and no lag. Me, goose, and Jester where ther last night but no one else would join.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 18th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Maybe we should advertise server#2 on our Server#1, like we did for armegeddon II. Something like, "Visit LA_MERC server #2 If this one is full: IP xxxxxxxx"
Just a thought.

Does the second server keep stats that add to the totals as a whole?

LA_MERC_goose
June 18th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah, server 2 was a blast! All talk & Friendly Fire ... well, until JESTER SHOT ME IN THE HEAD FROM LIKE 5 FEET WITH THE FREAKEN AWP! :D

Dresden
June 18th, 2004, 09:34 AM
I still do not understand why people don't go to the #2 server.... Me, goose, and Jester where therI think you just answered your own question... :stick J/K

eNdOfBeGinNinG
June 18th, 2004, 10:56 AM
dresden ouch lol..

You may not feel the lag on server #1, but if you play on tobys server for awhile then go on the main server, you will notice a big difference. I only ping 50-60 on tobys and 80-90 on the main.. but it just seems shots register better on tobys. I notice it when I play on east coast servers too.

LA_MERC_Heater
June 18th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Yea i was playing on the 2 sever Yesterday and someone was Tk me...There was no punishment for it so he wouldnt stop,So i swapped teams and owned him before i left..lol
The sever needs something for punishing Tker..

Silent_Killer
June 18th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Me, goose, and Jester where ther last night but no one else would join.

Ummm i go to server #2 a lot just the promblem of u there kept me from there. :stick

aCiD
June 20th, 2004, 07:24 PM
the lag sucks.. bad.. it was doing a consistent 300ping for 2 mins on and off saturday was C-RAZY! :d:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==