PDA

View Full Version : Incredifind and cc.searchpage garbage...

CajunTech
June 17th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Has anyone here been hit with this junk?
I work on a lot of PCs that have this and usually end up reinstalling the machine (they typically have a lot more junk on it also). Anyway, I tell the users to be careful of what they click "yes" to on the internet.

Monday I clicked on a link and it brought me to a pron site instead of where it was supposed to take me. Of course I was intrigued by this turn of events and allowed the page to load :shootme:

As soon as it loaded, symantec quarantined an incoming virus. Tuesday I noticed I had an isearch toolbar in internet explorer. uninstalled it and of course it didn't go away. And since then it has gotten worse.

Right now when I try to view anything through internet explorer my speed is horrible and my homepage is cc.searchpage. If I enter a web address without the http:// I get an incredifind search page. I have this little search bar above my taskbar.

I've run adaware, spyhunter, add/remove programs, and will try following some removal instruction tonight (registry deletes, etc..). I know damn well I did not click on any popups or anything and just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before or has any suggestions.

If not fixed by this weekend I'll just reinstall my PC.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 17th, 2004, 10:16 AM
try search and destroy...and run everything in safe mode...just an idea

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 17th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Get ad-aware 6.181 from the .. uhh.. "archives" .. ;)

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 17th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I has gotten that at work. I found on a forum that there is a dll that hides the install script. Delete the dll and it goes away. I don't remeber the name of the dll though. I did a search for removal of it and found answers on various forums.

LA_MERC_Drifter
June 17th, 2004, 11:26 AM
I had the same thing happen to one of the computers here at work. I ended up uninstalling internet explorer and then doing a spyware and virus scan. It found viruses that it said it qurrantined but the files where still there so every time it would boot up it would automaticaly download the same crap. I then had to go into program files and manually delete the file. Then I reinstalled explorer. It works like new now but it is a big hassle for something that I didn't even authorize to install.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 17th, 2004, 11:27 AM
I has gotten that at work. I found on a forum that there is a dll that hides the install script. Delete the dll and it goes away. I don't remeber the name of the dll though. I did a search for removal of it and found answers on various forums.

so you are looking a pron at work?

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 17th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Nice post George!

Dresden
June 17th, 2004, 01:17 PM
I blew incredifind out of the water with Bazooka...It does't do it for you, but it gives you step by step instructions on what to remove from the registry, etc...pm me if you want me to send it to you. PS...here's a list of everything it detects....

Bazooka Online Encyclopedia (http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/index.phtml?source=bassfaq)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==