PDA

View Full Version : nickleback

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 14th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I like nickleback, but this was pretty cool to hear the comparison. although it's probably modded and not the true songs. even if it was, I don't really care. I like the tune and either lyrics work great with it.

click here (http://www.theweb****e.co.uk/nickelback.htm)

when page comes up, replace the **** with a 4 letter S word. (it has an e on the end, but it was still filtered out)

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 14th, 2004, 07:27 PM
That was just crazy. They sound the same... kinda. But that's just their sound...right?

Dresden
June 14th, 2004, 09:18 PM
:dunno Link not working...

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 14th, 2004, 09:25 PM
read dummy. I will quit claiming you if you cant figure it out

Dresden
June 14th, 2004, 10:32 PM
read dummy. I will quit claiming you if you cant figure it outDoh....nevermind....
Chalk it up to lack of sleep caring for the little one.

Dresden
June 14th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Well that was different...However, you could probably do that with quite a few bands.

Maximus
June 15th, 2004, 12:38 AM
I knew the similarity, but I didn't realize how similar until I toggled from one phrase to another shifting each channel...Reminds me of Creed's "With Arms Wide Open" and "My Sacrifice"

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 15th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Well, they are the same tempo, same time signature, same key signature - so yeah - they will match up harmonically - the melodies are different - when played together, one simply acts as a counter melody to the other, creating counterpoint, i.e., polyphonic harmonic texture.

I have never heard of "Nickleback" so I don't know of any of thier music, just posting my observations.

Sounds like generic "pop" to me.

LA_MERC_goose
June 15th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Sounds like generic "pop" to me.

pop is the sound the can soda makes when it's thrown from a moving truck onto the hardtop. Nickleback is not pop, it's rock - there is a difference.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 15th, 2004, 07:06 AM
My feeling is this: "pop" is pretty dang close to "poop" and I don't want to hear that...so, I'm not going to click on the link.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 15th, 2004, 07:17 AM
:doh, lmao Max, stop using big words!!! :p:

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 15th, 2004, 07:44 AM
the lead singer for Nickleback sang the "hero" song for Spiderman.

they are classified as "Rock"

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==