PDA

View Full Version : All this talk about FF...

Maximus
June 14th, 2004, 02:18 PM
If we're gonna talk about it, why don't we just take a poll???

[uGa] Saint
June 14th, 2004, 02:23 PM
i really dont think non-LA_MERC members should have much of a voice... its like asking strangers to pick out your furniture for your house, same thing for letting strangers decide whether or not you can kill your teamate on your server, lol. (then again, this thread may have been aimed at only LA_MERC members)

LA_MERC_Onji
June 14th, 2004, 02:27 PM
not true, we love input from everyone, but just keep in mind this is not an 'Official' poll :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 14th, 2004, 02:32 PM
I added a new column

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 14th, 2004, 02:38 PM
it's a public server put up for the public's use. the "regular" pub players should have input on what they would like.

I personaly like FF, but I have to say no to FF on our pub server. our server has become as popular as it is today without FF. and FF is something you either like to play with, or can't stand. it's not like a small little change, it will change game play alot. I think our server is doing great without it. I still find it hard to get a spot on our server when I have time to play.

maybe do a test trial of it if it looks like a bunch of people are interested. One of the servers I play on when ours is full, changes the whole server up on hte weekends. during the week it's all official maps with official configs. on the weekend it's custom maps only with all kinds of modified config changes.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 14th, 2004, 03:20 PM
ff is great, but just wait until a pack o'idiots come along and ruin it round after round, different pack o'idots after different pack o'idiots and watch the server usage numbers go down... We've seen it happen a lot before.

JUNKY
June 14th, 2004, 03:35 PM
And we have tried the one server on, one server off method before too.

You end up with one server with very little usage, usually the FF active server.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 15th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Don't Care Either Way...

LA_MERC_Spark
June 15th, 2004, 10:28 PM
me either!

aCiD
June 15th, 2004, 11:36 PM
i do, i get on merc to not be a pizzed off at other servers... with all the whining lil 9 and 10 year olds that get on cussin who are all talk- they will abuse the FF when we correct them on the lang.... i think its a bad idea- just keep server #2 FF enabled :d: just my input

PaRaNoiD
June 16th, 2004, 11:10 AM
I vote against FF.. it's bad enough when sumone flashes without warning and you get blinded.. or when a team member blocks.. I get angry- I couldn't imagine how mad I'd get if I got hurt from my own team..

I never liked FF.

aCiD
June 16th, 2004, 11:24 AM
60% the people have spoken! weeeeeee

Sergei Criffnoobsky
June 16th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Well .... people are used to the server the way it is now.... think we should leave it that way.

Swedish
June 16th, 2004, 06:59 PM
swedish=weak
swedish+ff=weak+sad because he just killed a teamate w/ his spray
:(

Apocalypse
June 16th, 2004, 09:05 PM
lol Swedish. I don't think we should switch to FF. Our server has been doing fine without it. Just an idea; we could possibly turn it on for certain maps every now and then??? I don't know. More suggestions? Let's keep beating this topic to a bloody pulp.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 17th, 2004, 07:44 AM
looks like MERC#2 is ff, so those that like to play with FF get on there.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==