PDA

View Full Version : /sigh

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 14th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Well I reformatted a week ago and I played a little so everything was working until I got to a map that I wasn't default and would take me many days to download. So I just now got around to putting the 700 megs of maps back in. Problem is I haven't done this since steam has been around so I don't know where to put these maps now. Is it in the steam folder or the Sierra folder? I put them in the Sierra folder first with no results so I figured I'd try the steam folder. Now when I try to play I get an error message while my machine is precaching files.

Bad file: Server is enforcing consistency for models/p_scout.mdl
or
Bad file

Thoughts and theories?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 14th, 2004, 11:04 AM
After much pondering and hax0rating, I probably need a new p_scout.mdl file. Could anyone zip that up and attach it fer me please?

[uGa] Saint
June 14th, 2004, 11:22 AM
if no one does it this afternoon i can do it when i get back from work around 5:30

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 14th, 2004, 12:02 PM
can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but it's something like this:

\\program files\steam\SteamApps\[your email address]\counter-strike\cstrike\

there you will find the maps folder, sprites folder etc. you can put the maps in there and then delete your scout sprite. a new one will DL next time you connect to a server. they are only a few kb in size so it shouldn't take more than a few sec.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 16th, 2004, 02:22 AM
The thing that threw me was that the defualt maps are NOT in the steam/steamapps/email/counterstrike/cstrike/maps folder, but that's where I put and have downloaded all the rest of my maps.

Thanks to Toby I deleted all my weapons models and viola everything worky goody. Thanks for you input too CO, I just got frisky and AIMed ole Toby.

IN TOBY WE TRUST

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==