PDA

View Full Version : FF ON

LA_MERC_goose
June 14th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Ok, there are usually two things I don't want to see when I'm in the game playing. Well, my list grew to three last night when all of a sudden, FF ON displays in the upper left corner of my screen. Then after we started respawning, teammate deaths were on the rise. I'm sure illegal-op was laughing his tail off. It made for some interesting game play since some peps have evidentally never played with FF ON. And then there are those who don't realize it was on since it's never on normally - well I think they figured it out once they killed a teammate and they killed them the next round. Is there a way to turn FF ON on certain maps? Maybe like Deagle5?

[uGa] Saint
June 14th, 2004, 07:33 AM
I agree with Goose. I personally don't like friendly fire on (maps where nades are utilized can really start becoming aggravating when you hurt half your team). But deagle factory would just suck to play. This of course, is just my opinion :P

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 14th, 2004, 07:36 AM
I like FF being on - makes ya think before you shoot :)

LA_MERC_goose
June 14th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Don't get me wrong Saint, I don't like FF on when the other teammates don't understand the concept but I'm with Max, it makes you think before you go running around with the gun half cocked and shooting everything in site! Besides, I found it entertaining too.

SnAkEbItE
June 14th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Well my stance on FF is it's a good thing we run it on our server and we stay packed all the time and not to mention we seem to draw allot of high calibur players. There are allot of different things that you can do to help stop TKing. We run ATAC and if a person even attacks a team mate with in 5 sec of a new round they are auto slayed, if a person kills 3 team memebers they get a 24 hr ban. Also I agree with MadMax it does make you think before you shoot.

LA_MERC_JESTER
June 14th, 2004, 07:54 AM
sure does stop alot of sprayers

[uGa] Saint
June 14th, 2004, 07:57 AM
I don't mind playing when people are careful about who they shoot, and I am a good sport and will play extremely carefully, it just seems that on other servers ive played with ff on, i get shot almost to death by my team (whine). I didnt mean to put words in your mouth goose, sorry bout that.

CajunTech
June 14th, 2004, 08:10 AM
I had fun with it ON. All I heard was kreaper say "Cajun, friendly fire is on." Didn't believe him, so I accidently killed my wife during testing.

It does make you think a bit. Was funny to watch people turn and run the other way when the person in front of them pulled out a nade.

LA_MERC_goose
June 14th, 2004, 08:18 AM
That's not the cause Saint, I was clarifying what I meant to say in the original post.

Omega_Prime
June 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM
ive always hated ff on the server until i started doing it in -FA- , must say it makes your game so much better, but there are downsides to having it in a pub. never the less if your gonna do it take snakes advise.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
June 14th, 2004, 12:13 PM
I have to admit that I like FF on. As stated above, much less spray and nade spamming and its way more realistic. I play in the lag server a good bit when I cant get into ours so im used to it. And yes, people that tk on purpose is an annoyance but thats when you return the favor:)

eNdOfBeGinNinG
June 14th, 2004, 01:13 PM
merc went ff?? hahahah

ahheeem, scuse me.. I've seen it work, and i've seen it not work. If you have no punishment for the tk'ers then your server will suck hard core. Even the ones that slay at the beginning of next round suck, cause the dood can tk everyone and waste a lot of peoples time. I personally don't like it in a pub.. you want a ff on, go scrim :p:

eNdOfBeGinNinG
June 14th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Plus I think a lot of you mercs like FF on cause its new, just wait until it gets old, and you get capped by team mates.. see how much you like it then hehehe.

LA_MERC_goose
June 14th, 2004, 01:31 PM
you get capped by team mates.. see how much you like it then.
hummmm, are you saying you're gonna start capping us? lol

LA_MERC_Sniper
June 14th, 2004, 01:38 PM
I like ff its fun like people have said it makes you think what you are or who you are shooting at. The only thing that sucks is tking but i have a cure for that MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 14th, 2004, 01:39 PM
well I wouldn't mind seeing the 2nd server have FF on, it would be neat to have the same servers, one with and one with out, advertise both and see what happens.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 14th, 2004, 01:40 PM
I don't know, I think I like ff on. like mentioned above, it's more realistic.

SnAkEbItE
June 14th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Well with the ATAC that we are running, if you get TK you have the choice of punishing the person then and there, or you can wait untill the next round and punish them then. Also like I said most nub TK'ers will do so right at the begining of the round, we have ours set to a 5 sec rule, if they even attack a team mate with in 5 sec of the round auto slay.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 14th, 2004, 01:46 PM
FF would be great to have and keep on in the 2nd server. Our main server is always full and a ton of regulars always coming back, making a big server change like turning on FF might make a lot of people play elsewhere.

SweetGirL
June 14th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I had fun with it ON. All I heard was kreaper say "Cajun, friendly fire is on." Didn't believe him, so I accidently killed my wife during testing.

BOON! *giggles* I hope she made your butt sleep on the sofa!! lol

Dresden
June 14th, 2004, 09:15 PM
This is gonna be fun once (if) I get steam workin...

Guess I'm gonna have to stop shooting kreaper in the back of the head at spawn...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==