PDA

View Full Version : For outkast - sprays

x[rebequa]
June 13th, 2004, 10:40 PM
hopefully i can explain with little complication.

first take your spray 'n make it the pldecal.wad - but put it on your desktop

then make a second copy of it and name it tempdecal.wad, also on your desktop

now open your steam >steamaps> your email>counterstrike>cstirke folder and delete all the following:

pldecal.wad
tempdecal.wad
custom.hpk
and custom2.hpk <---may not have that file.

Go to your desktop files, and right click on each, and check the read only box on both.

put those in the cstrike folder, and viola

working spray

if it don't work, then google it, but i'm fairly sure that's all ya need to do :D

x[rebequa]
June 13th, 2004, 10:51 PM
http://cssprays.www-pros.com/home/home.htm

http://www.planethalflife.com/counterspray/custom1.htm

if you download this program decal converter
http://www.clanlebowski.com/Sprayfaq.htm

then you can take any picture and make it a wad file- fairly simple program to use. just save the files to your desktop or somewhere instead of in your cstrike folder - so you can do the appropriate changes.

Corp
June 13th, 2004, 11:17 PM
TY :)

Swedish
June 14th, 2004, 12:43 AM
we should have a best custom spray contest! what do you guys think? ill probably lose because i only know how to use MSpaint for my sprays.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 14th, 2004, 06:20 AM
well you and eob will have to battle for the lamest then..lol

LA_MERC_JESTER
June 14th, 2004, 08:18 AM
followed every step to the t and did not work

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 14th, 2004, 10:23 AM
I think it is an LA_MERC_problem :), cause I don't think any merc has been able to get sprays to work since 1.6 came out.

x[rebequa]
June 16th, 2004, 09:59 PM
willing to walk through it step by step with individuals by way of msn :) rebequa@astralanvil

aCiD
June 16th, 2004, 10:10 PM
er, my computer is stupid, and nothing works on it, so i cant blame operator error :p: heheheheh, but i want my spray to work! its neato! GRRR! ima keep trying, thanks bequa! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 16th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Acid - man you are forgetting - nubs aren't allowed to have sprays :D

aCiD
June 16th, 2004, 10:42 PM
waaaaaaah, that would be another set back :d: hehehe, lmao, 1 quick question - how do i make muh spray a pldecal.wad then the other one a tempdecal.wad?!?!?

LA_MERC_goose
June 17th, 2004, 06:11 AM
You have to have made it to Jedi and then you have to use the Force.

:twak

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 17th, 2004, 06:23 AM
There is a program (or, there used to be anyway) that allowed you to make textures and wad files for CS...if I can remember the name of the program, I'll let you know.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 17th, 2004, 06:23 AM
no goose, you only have to be jedi in training to use the force. But you must get permission from the master jedi, if not, you are exposing yourself to the dark side.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 17th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Wally Texture Editor: www.pimpswithgrenades.com/files.asp?getfile=files/apps/wally_155b.exe

That's it...don't know about the link though...I didn't download it to be sure that was it. lol

[uGa] Saint
June 17th, 2004, 08:20 AM
haha, you're STILL trying to figure that out?? lmao, "I... once... had... (BAM BAM BAM) a... donut..." .

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 17th, 2004, 08:32 AM
I got it to work without any problem. The only hiccup is to name the file you created to tempdecal.wad...not pldecal.wad. Here is the link to the steps I performed.

http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10283&highlight=spray

x[rebequa]
June 17th, 2004, 11:19 AM
acid, download the decal converter that I put a link to in the 1st or 2nd post I made on this thread - it's really simple to use, it will take any picture and make it a .wad file.

just when you set your save location, do not use your cstrike folder - use a dummy folder so that you can follow the rest of the steps necessary.

and after you have 1 copy named pldecal.wad (which decal converter will automatically name it for you) right click, copy the file, paste it somewhere else, right click, selected the change name, rename it to tempdecal.wad

make them both read only (right click, properties, check the box)- then delete those 3 things from your cstrike folder - pldecal.wad, tempdecal.wad and custom.hpk (and custom2.hpk if you have it) and put your new pldecal.wad and tempdecal.wad files in that folder

LA_MERC_goose
June 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Just as a side note, if you ever go into Option in Counter Strike - YOU WILL LOOSE YOU CUSTOM SPRAY. You will have to copy the files back again so. like bequa said, save them somewhere other than your cstrike folder.

aCiD
June 17th, 2004, 02:13 PM
oooooooooooooooh, i gotcha.. i think.. ill try it, i need a neato spray im tired of that retarted 8 ball :p:

eNdOfBeGinNinG
June 17th, 2004, 02:17 PM
no goose, you only have to be jedi in training to use the force. But you must get permission from the master jedi, if not, you are exposing yourself to the dark side.
what a buncha krod's

LA_MERC_Heater
June 17th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Ok i got the spray to work but it is pixely,and you can`t read the writting..I know how to resize it but what to,to make it look right..?

[uGa] Saint
June 17th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I followed your instructions rebequa and got mine to work on the first try, thanks!

Swedish
June 17th, 2004, 07:46 PM
What do your sprays look like? i made a couple weak ones in MSpaint. here they are WOOT. im such a nerd. lol

x[rebequa]
June 17th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Ok i got the spray to work but it is pixely,and you can`t read the writting..I know how to resize it but what to,to make it look right..?

post the picture? See if i can make it any purdier. Generally the wording has to be done in MS Paint - it comes out funky or "pixely" as you put it in other programs - you can make the picture in photoshop or whatever, but the print in mspaint.

[uGa] Saint
June 17th, 2004, 11:40 PM
haha, this is my spray, i found it on my friends computer and had him send it to me. I have no idea what its from.

Swedish
June 18th, 2004, 12:10 AM
lol, do you roller blade saint?

LA_MERC_Heater
June 18th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I posted the pic of the the Spray in my above post..
Thx

[uGa] Saint
June 18th, 2004, 01:44 PM
no, no i do not rollerblade. And if i did i would wear a helmet. I cant even walk around the office without running into things, god only knows what kind of trouble i would be in if i was on skates.

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 18th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Saint for some reason my spray was that last night. Don't ask me how it got there, cuz I didn't put it. I had a reaper... not sure why it's doin that.

[uGa] Saint
June 18th, 2004, 02:41 PM
wow, well, im sorry if it was from me... guess i shoulda turned off my grafitti hax...

Swedish
June 18th, 2004, 03:10 PM
your are pretty sweet heater. did you make them?

Silent_Killer
June 18th, 2004, 03:32 PM
oooooooooooooooh, i gotcha.. i think.. ill try it, i need a neato spray im tired of that retarted 8 ball :p:

Well a retard spray for a retarted person j/k boon

Swedish
June 18th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Hey jester, this is the program that i used to turn my picture into a .wad file
http://cssprays.www-pros.com/downloads/downloads.htm
dowload the one called halflife logo creator.
after that you can go to the "how to" page and learn how to install them.
if you need any help just send me a message on aim.

Jupiterman
June 18th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks beq, none of the other guides on the internet worked for me but yours did..:)

x[rebequa]
June 20th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Heater - try this - it's not as spiffy as yours but it should work :D

they're already named 'n read only - you just need to delete your pldecal.wad, tempdecal.wad, and custom.hpk (custom2.hpk if you have it) from your cstrike folder, then put the pldecal.wad and tempdecal.wad from my folder to you, in your cstrike folder

LA_MERC_Heater
June 20th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks Rebequa...=)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==