PDA

View Full Version : Freezes and freezes again.

Sergei Criffnoobsky
June 9th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Since about, a week now Everytime I play counter-strike once in a while my optical mouse and my keyboard just freezes. I can't move anymore and I can't look anymore. Then My computer beeps and everything is either right again or it stays all dumb and non working...,.. you guys have any idea what does that and what to do ? thx in adavance ppl !

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 9th, 2004, 11:33 AM
I had the exact same problem and I couldn't fix it. I ended up buying a new mobo, and everything has worked fine since. Unfortunately One of my RAM chips went bad on me just after I set up the new mobo, so I'm thinking that the RAM may have been the problem all along.

Silent_Killer
June 9th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Lo, Poor Sabre. Srry Sergei ima Nubblet and i dont know about that kinda stuff. Thats WHy im taking computer clasess as my electives through High School

}{y|3ri|)
June 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
What type of keyboard and mouse do you have? Are they connected USB? Does your computer still function fine and the mouse and keyboard just shut out or does the whole computer freeze? Did you change anything recently and it just now started doing this? Do the lights on the keyboard and the mouse go out or do they still stay active? What kind of OS are you using? Whats the specs of your computer?

More info i have, more we can figure out whats going on.

*moved to Tech area*

PaRaNoiD
June 10th, 2004, 01:14 AM
www.askjeeves.com

Sergei Criffnoobsky
June 10th, 2004, 08:30 AM
My computer still works perfect only my mouse and keyboard go crazy and stop working. I have a smart keyboard (just adds a few keys) and my mouse Both on usb. I tried putting them in pc .. but didn't change anything.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 10th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Use it store meat and drinks. Cold stuff is good stuff.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 10th, 2004, 01:08 PM
I don't think you answered Hybrids initial question, what type/brand is your keyboard mouse?

Have you tried updating your bios on your motherboard? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers that came with your mouse/keyboard? Have you tried getting the lastest drivers from the manufacturers website? Are you using the actual onboard usb ports or the add-on usb ports?

I would definately check into updating the bios and updating the chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Another thing you might want to do is pull up the list of processes for your computer by bringing up task manager and going to processes and then kill the point32.exe process and see if that helps (if its even listed)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==