PDA

View Full Version : SNL - Cowbell...transcript

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 8th, 2004, 09:07 AM
it was kind off topic in the other thread...so...here is the full transcript from the SNL skit:

Behind The Music: Blue Oyster Cult

Bruce ****inson.....Christopher Walken
Eric Bloom.....Chris Parnell
Buck Dharma.....Horatio Sanz
Alan.....Chris Kattan
Bobby.....Jimmy Fallon
Gene Frenkle.....Will Ferrell

Announcer: After a series of staggering defeats, Blue Oyster Cult assembled in the recording studio in late 1976 for a session with famed producer Bruce ****inson. And, luckily for us, the cameras were rolling.

Bruce ****inson: Alright, guys, I think we're ready to lay this first track down. By the way, my name is Bruce ****inson. Yes, the Bruce ****inson. And I gotta tell you: fellas.. you have got what appears to be a dynamite sound!

Eric Bloom: Coming from you, Bruce, that means a lot.

Buck Dharma: Yeah. I mean, you're Bruce ****inson!

Alan: It's incredible!

Bobby: I can't believe Bruce ****inson digs our sound!

Bruce ****inson: Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records. [ the group laughs ] Alright, here we go. "Don't Fear the Reaper" - take one. [ exits into the control booth ]

[ the group begins the song. Bobby slaps the drums, Eric jams his guitar, and Gene bangs on a cowbell. ]

Eric: [ distracted by Gene banging the cowbell ] Okay! Wait! Wait! [ the group cuts off their instruments ] Bruce, could you come in here for a minute, please?

Bruce ****inson: [ stepping out of the booth ] That was gonna be a great track. Guys, what's the deal?

Eric: Are you sure that was sounding okay?

Bruce ****inson: I'll be honest.. fellas, it was sounding great. But.. I could've used a little more cowbell. So.. let's take it again.. and, Gene.

Gene Frenkle: Yeah?

Bruce ****inson: Really explore the studio space this time. I mean, really.. explore the space. I like what I'm hearing.

[ the group starts the song again, as Gene bangs more wildly onto the cowbell ]

Eric: Okay, wait! Stop! I'm sorry. Bruce, could you come back in here, please?

Bruce ****inson: [ stepping out of the booth ] Fellas.. now, we just wasted two good tracks! That last one was even better than the first!

Eric: Well, it's just that I find Gene's cowbell playing distracting! If I'm the only one, I'll shut up.

Buck Dharma: It was pretty rough..

Gene Frenkle: You know, I could pull back a little. If you'd like.

Bruce ****inson: Not too much, though! Fellas, I'm telling you - you're gonna want that cowbell on the track!

Gene Frenkle: You know what? It's fine. Let's just do this thing.

[ the band starts the song once more, with Gene banging the cowbell right next to Eric's ear ]

Eric: [ stopping the song again, fighting Gene ] Come on, people!

Bruce ****inson: [ running out of the booth again ] That.. that doesn't work for me. I gotta have more cowbell!

Alan: Don't blow this for us, Gene!

Bobby: Quit being so selfish, Gene!

Gene Frenkle: Can I just say one thing? I'm standing here, staring at Bruce ****inson! And if Bruce ****inson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell! And, Bobby, you are right - I am being selfish. But the last time I checked, we don't have a lot of songs that feature the cowbell.

Bruce ****inson: I gotta have more cowbell, baby!

Gene Frenkle: I'll be doing myself a disservice, and everybody in this band, if I don't perform the hell out of this.

Bruce ****inson: Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Gene Frenkle: Thanks, Bruce. But I think, maybe if I just leave.. and, maybe I'll come back later, and we can lay down the cowbell. [ starts to leave the studio ]

Bruce ****inson: Aw, baby..

Eric: Gene, wait! Why don't you lay down that cowbell right now. With us. Together.

[ everyone agrees ]

Gene Frenkle: Do you mean that, Eric?

Buck Dharma: He speaks for all of us.

Gene Frenkle: Thank you.

Bruce ****inson: Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all are gonna be wearing gold-plated diapers.

Alan: What does that mean?

Bruce ****inson: Never question, Bruce ****inson! Roll it! [ exits back to booth ]

Eric: [ ready to lay the complete track down ] 1, 2, 3, 4.

[ the band starts up again. Close-up on Gene as he bangs the cowbell to freeze-frame with graphic: "In Memorium: Gene Frenkle: 1950-2000" ]

LA_MERC_Onji
June 8th, 2004, 09:17 AM
needs more cowbell

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 8th, 2004, 09:31 AM
lmao, more cowbell please!!!

LA_MERC_Onji
June 8th, 2004, 09:35 AM
For those interested hehe

SNL-Blue_Oyster_Cult.mpg (http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/SNL-Blue_Oyster_Cult.mpg)
(right click, save target as)

roXet
June 8th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I've got a fever.....

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 8th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks Onji...I was looking for that...

roXet
June 8th, 2004, 09:44 AM
somebody find me a wav file of this. I want either just the "more cowbell!" part of maybe the whole "I've got a fever..." thing

thanks =)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==