PDA

View Full Version : Any tips, ideas, or local information

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 7th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I'm taking a new job in Bay Minette, Alabama across the bay from Mobile. I will more than likely be moving to the Daphne area. I was wondering if anyone had lived there or knows any local tips for the area. Does this mean I will now be AL_MERC_Andyconda, lol. Nope, I'll always be true to heart as a Lousiana man. GEAUX SAINTS! Also being an LSU fan I will probably stick out like a sore thumb. Oh well, everytime I hear roll tide, I'll be yelling TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT.

Corp
June 7th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Talk to sweetz andy we both used to live in mobile .. but she lived there alot longer than i did..

LA_MERC_Spark
June 7th, 2004, 06:44 PM
8^) you know there're a couple airports right there in town.... 45 min from NOLA!!! As the crow flys that is...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 7th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Good luck on the new job site Andy - going through the same thing myself!

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
June 7th, 2004, 07:12 PM
yeah good luck at the new job bro....You know what the best thing that ever came out of alabama is right??? I-20 .....Sorry I grew up in georgia hehehe ( :stick Sweetgirl) lol

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 7th, 2004, 07:52 PM
finally got out of the hell hole huh andy...well congrats man...hope you have a lot of fun..

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 7th, 2004, 10:08 PM
yeah Andy, nothing left at that place of business, especially after Mercy and I left. :), we were running the show there. lol.

j/k man, I do think that place is ALOT worse off than they think, now that you are going. Man, I just think about who is going to take over your product line and I just shake my head...lol

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 8th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Me being from MS right next door. I'll say this Andy DON'T YELL THAT OUT LOUD!!!!!! THEY'LL BEAT YOU UP!!!! LOL... Have fun over there!!! Becareful on your way over there.

}{y|3ri|)
June 8th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Dragonlady']Me being from MS right next door. I'll say this Andy DON'T YELL THAT OUT LOUD!!!!!! THEY'LL BEAT YOU UP!!!! LOL... Have fun over there!!! Becareful on your way over there.
ive never heard a quiet lsu fan, specialy when you are beating them with your MSU cow bell... lol GO STATE, GO STATE!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 8th, 2004, 08:56 AM
LMAO... lol you crazy H! MSU are not cows!!! They don't have cow bells.. There bulldogs!!!! GO DOGS!!! LOLOL :wig

J/K

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 8th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Yes, but a cowbell is heard so much better than dog tags...I mean, have you ever seen fans wave dog tags? It's not very frightening or annoying. I need more cowbell!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 8th, 2004, 09:00 AM
umm OH..... Ok... I get it now... lol :madcow:

roXet
June 8th, 2004, 09:03 AM
cowbell!!!!!

}{y|3ri|)
June 8th, 2004, 09:03 AM
How bout them dogs?!?!?!

LA_MERC_goose
June 8th, 2004, 09:47 AM
GO GAMECOCKS!!
oh, wrong thread :twak

SweetGirL
June 8th, 2004, 09:55 AM
I'm taking a new job in Bay Minette, Alabama across the bay from Mobile. I will more than likely be moving to the Daphne area. I was wondering if anyone had lived there or knows any local tips for the area. Does this mean I will now be AL_MERC_Andyconda, lol. Nope, I'll always be true to heart as a Lousiana man. GEAUX SAINTS! Also being an LSU fan I will probably stick out like a sore thumb. Oh well, everytime I hear roll tide, I'll be yelling TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT.

I was born in San Bernardino, California but lived in Mobile the majority of my life. Here's my two cents -

#1. Smart move to NOT live in Bay Minette - it's a crappy little hades hole.
#2. Daphne is really nice (called the Eastern Shore and is part of Baldwin County).
#3. Gulf Shores, Alabama (Alabama/Florida line - beaches) is wonderful! Only an hour or so from Mobile....good drinkin' and nice beaches. Good shopping there too (called the Foley Outlets).
#4. When you hear "Roll Tide, Roll", you say "It's rollin' baby, it's rollin'!" (Ask around - Alabama football coach, strippers, hotel room, money being exchanged for "services", he got fired, etc etc).
#5. You haven't met a redneck til you've lived in Alabama.....I'm one of the few ladies with all my teeth. But here's my sister................I'll introduce the two of you if you'd like. *giggles*

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 8th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Well SG hit it right on the nail! I have family alllll over Baldwin County and Gulf Shores (great Beaches!!!) I'm sure you can find something to do over there! And like SG said you don't know redneck till you go through Mobile and the Eastern Shore!! lol... Oh the times I've had over there.....

Yeah and watch them crazy redneck girls over there.....

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 8th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Hey I like MSU (great colors, love the look) But hey I don't watch football all that much...

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 8th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Funny how MSU ignores the NCAA rule forbiding noise making devices at football games... :stick But it's no big deal... We LSU fans only hear the cowbells until kickoff... By then the game has been decided and all the MSU fans go home! :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 8th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info. The wife has already scoped out the foley outlet. I'll be spending a lot of time at the flori bama bar and even more time in New Orleans. Yeah the roll tide comment is funny. Everybody gets on to him for that, but being honest if I were starting college in sports, buying me drinks and women would go a long way with me. hate to be so shallow, but at that point in mylife its time to PARTY. Wait I'm 29 and I'm still partying. Woohoo. By the way SG I'll fit right in with my F-150 4X4 with 8" of lift running 35" tires on 4.56 gears with a posi lock Eaton rear end and ladder trasction bars, steering stabilizer, superchip, true dual with 18" glass packs on 4" by 18" chrome tips. Can you tell I love my truck. If your ever in the area of Mobile or New Orleans we'll have to go party. GEAUX TIGERS!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==