PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Verizon??

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 4th, 2004, 08:57 PM
After Julie McMurry's husband died last summer, Verizon Wireless told the Enumclaw, Wash. woman that she would have to pay an early termination fee on his cell phone contract. "I said, 'This isn't an arbitrary thing, I'd be glad to fax you a copy of the death certificate. The man's dead.'"

The Verizon rep said McMurry could either pay the fee or give the phone to another family member.

She called Carl Hilliard, president of the Wireless Consumers Alliance. "I just happened to be in a meeting with Verizon Wireless's attorney and mentioned it to him," Hilliard said. "It was reversed."

Here's the whole story. I just thought this was the best part of it.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&ncid=528&e=1&u=/ap/20040604/ap_on_hi_te/mobile_phone_rage_3

Swedish
June 4th, 2004, 09:08 PM
that could be the worst way to handle bussiness i have ever seen.

x[rebequa]
June 5th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Hello, My name is Rebecca, Can I please have your Cricket phone number with the area code first?

And how can i help you today?

Could you please verify the name 'n social security number on the account please?

And the reason your bill is so high is because you didn't pay it.

Is there anything else I can do for you to do?

Thanks for calling cricket, and you have a lovely afternoon! Bye!

Silent_Killer
June 5th, 2004, 09:42 AM
weeeeeee

blondie
June 5th, 2004, 04:10 PM
OMG I have verizon

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 5th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Thank GOD I dont need a cell phone...I had a Nextel once that was paid for by an employer... It stunk.. I dove once from florence SC to Winston salem NC about 200 miles on HWY.. 220 and didnt have a signal 10 miles out of florence until i was 10 miles from Winston Salem...

Humm... Good thing I didnt need it right??

SnAkEbItE
June 14th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Well I have to have one for my job, and I have so many stories about this it isn't funny.

TruckGuy
June 14th, 2004, 03:16 PM
I have Verizon for my home phone, believe it or not. And they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[uGa] Saint
June 14th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I have a Verizon cell, not that i really want it after that story, BOO!!

Dresden
June 14th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Better hope the next incoming call isn't from Kreaper's avatar....

Imagine the long distance and roaming charges.

Truely a sad way to run a business.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==