PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Food

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 29th, 2004, 06:41 PM
What's your favorite food...mine be da Chesapeake Bay pizza, shrimp, crabmeat, Old Bay(spice) brickoven style pizza. It's so w00t I eat the whole thing by myself, none fer da wife!

LA_MERC_goose
May 29th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Gotta go for the 5 layer, 7 cheese lasagna.

Silent_Killer
May 29th, 2004, 07:18 PM
i gotta go with Spagetti and Meatballs with Parmesan Cheese:)

I also Gotta go with my Grandmother from Oklahoma, she makes what u call muddy Buddies.

Its like the chex ceral stuff With Powderd sugar mixed with Chocolate and peanut butter, they are the best snack to have

Maximus
May 29th, 2004, 07:19 PM
My mom makes these "Dippy sandwiches" which is basically roast beef au juice, but with her own specialty! daaaaaang it's sooooo good!

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 29th, 2004, 08:08 PM
I dunno if I have a fav:

The stuffed crab pamesan po-boy from R&O's is good and I really love the panne rabbit over oyser tasso pasta from Jacques Imo's...

;)

}{y|3ri|)
May 29th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Mongolian

and any other fooooooooooood!

LA_MERC_Nutria
May 29th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Turtle, deer, or alligator sauce piquante.

aCiD
May 29th, 2004, 10:02 PM
deer :d:

PaRaNoiD
May 29th, 2004, 10:05 PM
awww, you should all be shot urselves....(remembers hunting birds with bb...mmmm fun)
nvm guys :)

frankie you know you love your spongebob cereal

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 29th, 2004, 10:10 PM
I have to agree w/ Acid on Deer :) I also love Quail, Dove, Rabbit and Squirell :)

Also, I REALLY dug Dirges Muff from Central Grocery at ArmaI

I guess however, besides a juicy steak on the grill, or Mom's Chicken and Rice (stuff I can get all the time) my fave is Calabash Shrimp and Fries :) or a nice Crappie, Bass, Catfish or Bream pan fried w/ Hushpuppies and Fries!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 29th, 2004, 10:11 PM
What's your favorite food...mine be da Chesapeake Bay pizza, shrimp, crabmeat, Old Bay(spice) brickoven style pizza. It's so w00t I eat the whole thing by myself, none fer da wife!

Old Bay spices on a Pizza?????? I'll have to try that - I usually think of Old Bay as a seafood spice!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 29th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I use Old Bay on most foods...eggs, pizza, steaks, everything!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 29th, 2004, 10:18 PM
I use Old Bay on most foods...eggs, pizza, steaks, everything!

You sound like me and Texas Pete - I'm still trying to come up w/ a way to put it on Ice Cream :)

Corp
May 29th, 2004, 10:48 PM
vegimite sandwichs .. Steak and Bacon Pies ..ummmm Fresh Hot Cheese and bacon bread rolls ... Roast Pork/Beef or Chicken rolls with gravy...hmmmmmm Fooood lol
I would go back to oz for just the food

LA_MERC_JESTER
May 29th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Pepper Steak!!!!!!!!! white rice and a fork does it for me

PaRaNoiD
May 29th, 2004, 11:47 PM
We love the subs!!
coz they are good to us!
the quiznos subs!!!
they are tasty they are cruncy they are warm because they toast them!!!
they gotta pepper bar!!!
http://www.smellymonkey.com/quiznos.html

Actually I've never had a sub from there because I've never seen a Quiznos' subs place before.. but the commercial rocks.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 30th, 2004, 01:14 AM
We love the subs!!
coz they are good to us!
the quiznos subs!!!
they are tasty they are cruncy they are warm because they toast them!!!
they gotta pepper bar!!!
http://www.smellymonkey.com/quiznos.html

Actually I've never had a sub from there because I've never seen a Quiznos' subs place before.. but the commercial rocks.z

but subs, etc are SOOO much better when they have a bit of subway :)

LA_MERC_Sniper
May 30th, 2004, 12:13 PM
paranoid when did you guys leave florence because there is a quiznos here and its been here about 8 months

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 30th, 2004, 02:33 PM
There is a Quiznos in Florence????????????

Where is it at?

LA_MERC_Drax
May 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
/smack all the cajuns, aren't yall forgeting boiled crawfish???

Speaking of those, going to eat some in about an hour, w00t!

Silent_Killer
May 30th, 2004, 03:16 PM
/smack all the cajuns, aren't yall forgeting boiled crawfish???!

I thought that was obvious though Sotherners always love crawfish

TruckGuy
May 30th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Bumper Bambi Fondu is good. But you can't forget about a rednecks favorite, Farm Raised Corn fed Possum.

SweetGirL
May 30th, 2004, 06:10 PM
I would go back to oz for just the food

Oh, you would, huh???!!! :madd

SweetGirL
May 30th, 2004, 06:11 PM
I'd like to remind you that, over the years with me, you have put on "quite a few pounds" (I'll not go into detail :P). So, I don't feel too sorry for you.

Silent_Killer
May 30th, 2004, 06:25 PM
:owned :yaheard:

Dresden
May 30th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Well yeah boiled crawfish...but my favorite is still baked spaghetti

Throw some fried portabella mushroom tops stuffed with oyser and a side of garlic mashed potatoes...mmmm mmmm good

LA_MERC_Sniper
May 30th, 2004, 06:48 PM
yes max it is @ 52 and 95 where dennys use dto be

LA_MERC_Nutria
May 30th, 2004, 06:50 PM
So Dresden.. you don't like my cookin??

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 30th, 2004, 08:24 PM
yes max it is @ 52 and 95 where dennys use dto be

Totally freakin awesome dude! I'm eating there tomorrow!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 30th, 2004, 08:28 PM
chicken wings baby!!!! ain't nuttin better

PaRaNoiD
May 30th, 2004, 11:29 PM
OMG that's awesome, I didn't know.. family left almost a year ago, I left in Novemeber, but I still didn't see it, I was living in Darlington the last 4 months I was there though.. but that is cool, when I come visit I'll be sure to check it out! TY! :hb

Dresden
May 31st, 2004, 10:25 AM
So Dresden.. you don't like my cookin??Well...Never said that either. Weeee!!! Bring on the Sauce Piquante!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 31st, 2004, 02:31 PM
There is also a quizno's coming to florence on the Pamplico HWY in front of BI-LO's.

My favorite food. Let's see:

Fried Chicken Gizzards
Deer.
Homemade Lasagna.
Ribeye Steaks
PaPa John's Pizza
Hot Dogs - with most anything on it.
BBQ - on the spicy side
Shrimp
Chicken Wings
And Chili's Baby Back Ribs...I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back....riiibs!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 31st, 2004, 04:17 PM
BBQ - on the spicy side

When you want me to make you some?

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 31st, 2004, 04:47 PM
General Tso Chicken is my all-tiem fav. After that, the whole genre of "Asian Food" followed closely by "anything grilled over an open flame (within reason)"

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 31st, 2004, 05:01 PM
I love asian food too Tech- especially General Tso Chicken - anything spicy - we have a nice Thai place here :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 31st, 2004, 05:05 PM
w00t! If I ever get to go visit SC (and Florence in particular), we're going. The hotter the food, the better.
Kim Che anyone?

LA_MERC_Spark
May 31st, 2004, 06:02 PM
hhhmmmm i been reading this thread and thinking REAL hard about it... Gota go with a split decision... Steak/Sushi... but that aint real fair because i like ALL kinds of food..

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 31st, 2004, 06:07 PM
i'm getting hungry now :(

blondie
May 31st, 2004, 06:41 PM
Maryland Crabs are the best W00t

aCiD
May 31st, 2004, 07:51 PM
Thai=hemroids :d:

I like Steak & Shrimp...
Crab and Shrimp..
Deer... and beer...
Those awesome noodles from China buffet... er.. Ming tow ow low un noodle..?? something... anyway there GREAT! eob got me hooked on em..
Buffalo wings.. mmmm...
Any cajun prapared chicken...
Any Italian food.. im down
Er, i have to much to name.. i like eating =/.. thats muh hobby! w00t jp lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 31st, 2004, 08:07 PM
Cajun prepared chicken...do you even know what cajun is Acid?! lol

}{y|3ri|)
June 1st, 2004, 09:29 AM
im hungry now =-/

Dresden
June 1st, 2004, 10:00 AM
So if I prepare Chicken Parm....Even though it's an italian dish, would you still consider it Cajun prepared?

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 1st, 2004, 10:21 AM
lmao Dresden
now Kreap who would not like fresh seafood made with good ole bayou water that they swam in :p:

My favorites are
appetizers: Emeril's BBQ shrimp or Drago's Charbroiled oysters (probably my favorite thing I have ever ate)
soup: Filet gumbo from several local establishments
entree: Boiled shrimp, seared tuna, or duck at Emeril's Delmonico's
dessert: spamoni

but those are just must have's I love lot's of food.

Suntrails
June 1st, 2004, 10:23 AM
My favorite food depends on what I'm feeling like at the moment. Right now I'd kill for a piece of the 14-layer chocolate cake they have at one of the little cafe's near my house. And some Pad Thai. Yum.

Seductive
June 1st, 2004, 10:40 AM
My favorite --- my mother-in-law's hot wings. I crave those things!!!!

PaRaNoiD
June 1st, 2004, 01:26 PM
That's my mommy!!

Wierd.. I don't think I've ever heard you refer to her as mother-in-lw b4.... cool.

Those things do rock, mm mmm.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 1st, 2004, 01:50 PM
She calls her other things when you aren't listening...

jk

Silent_Killer
June 1st, 2004, 06:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! She calls Her a E.......... Ima shut up b4 EoB and Lauren come hurt me.

Im with tech on this One the SPICER THE BETTER! WOOHOO!

SweetGirL
June 1st, 2004, 06:25 PM
My Olive Garden here in College Station caught on fire in January, and they are taking their merry arse time rebuilding it, I might say. Went to Houston today and ate Olive Garden! Took home lasagna, breadsticks, salad, and a slice of cheesecake. I'll eat on that stuff for a couple of days!!

Other then Olive Garden, I'd have to say escargo and french bread with Brie or Camembert cheese and a glass of wine. Since Corp/Peter/Outkast won't be taking me out for one of THOSE meals anytime soon, I'll stick with Olive Garden or a nice steak from Ruth's Chris (steak place in Mobile, Alabama)...or even an Elvis Presley Burger I ate once in New York....mmmm mmmm good!

PaRaNoiD
June 1st, 2004, 09:50 PM
Ima shut up b4 EoB and Lauren come hurt me.

not just them.. don't talk ab my momma unless you wanna feel the whole family's wrath- e0b, seduction, merdawk AND the sh33p, watch out :owned

mwuahahah

PaRaNoiD
June 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
:twak you too tech, grrr very grrrrrrr

Apocalypse
June 1st, 2004, 10:08 PM
YIKES! I'm here to step in and save Silent_Killer and Tech! /me saves, weeeee

Back to the favorite food subject...

Don't get me wrong, I love ALL types of food, but there are some foods in particular that I reallllllllly love.

1.) Italian beef sandwich with mozarella cheese and hot peppers
2.) Spicy Chicken
3.) Chocolate cake with a glass of milk
4.) Peppered prime rib
5.) LOTS of SEAFOOD (calamari (mmmmm), shrimp, clams, crabmeat, tuna)

Ok, I'm going to stop now, I'm getting hungry. :)

SweetGirL
June 2nd, 2004, 02:17 PM
Speaking of food, in case you guys didn't know, I talk about food constantly! I cook BIG meals every night. Tonight's menu is ham, sweet potatoes, macarooni-n-cheese, corn on the cob, cornbread for me, french bread rolls for everyone else, french fries for the kiddo. Tomorrow's menu will be my homemade lasagna and garlic bread/french bread. I only eat a few bites of these things, so, no, I'm not a piggy...........I cook for ma man and ma kiddos. (Iccey, if you come over, I'll make you tacos! or a taco pizza! :) )

Suntrails
June 2nd, 2004, 02:58 PM
']Speaking of food, in case you guys didn't know, I talk about food constantly! I cook BIG meals every night. Tonight's menu is ham, sweet potatoes, macarooni-n-cheese, corn on the cob, cornbread for me, french bread rolls for everyone else, french fries for the kiddo. Tomorrow's menu will be my homemade lasagna and garlic bread/french bread. I only eat a few bites of these things, so, no, I'm not a piggy...........I cook for ma man and ma kiddos. (Iccey, if you come over, I'll make you tacos! or a taco pizza! :) )

Where do you find the time?! I'd love to cook like that every night. It just takes so long to plan, go grocery shopping and cook!

}{y|3ri|)
June 2nd, 2004, 03:04 PM
omg sweet i will never ever knife outcast again and be really really sweet to you if you...

Suntrails
June 2nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
H was going to ask you if you could teach me something about cooking but was afraid. So I'll ask. Have any good receipes you can send me?

}{y|3ri|)
June 2nd, 2004, 03:28 PM
i wasnt afraid!

ok maybe just a lil bit..

Foooooooooood!

SweetGirL
June 2nd, 2004, 05:21 PM
awww I don't bite..........not hard anyway. :P

I saw in a post that you like Mongolian, but I'm sorry - I don't know anything about cooking that type of food. What I usually cook are pork roasts, beef roasts, steaks, ham, fried chicken, baked chicken, spaghetti, tacos/burritos, lasagna...simple dinners. I'd be glad to give you any of my recipes that I use. My mother is from Aubigny, France and is a great cook - that's how we all got so fat as kids. lol If you see anything there that H might like, Sun, I'll pass it on to you. You asked how I find time to cook every day - well, about four years ago, I quit my "PAYING" job (lol) at the Univ of So AL College of Medicine to stay home full-time to take care of kiddos. So, I cook breakfast and dinner - lunch only gets cooked for Pete/Oukast before he heads off for work. It's now "my job" to be the cook .... woman's work. haha :cook:

}{y|3ri|)
June 2nd, 2004, 05:45 PM
ohhh goodie! Send them all!

woohoo

Silent_Killer
June 2nd, 2004, 06:36 PM
'](Iccey, if you come over, I'll make you tacos! or a taco pizza! :) )

WHAT THE HECK ABOUT ME! I WANT A PIZZA.........

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 2nd, 2004, 06:38 PM
No soup for you!

Silent_Killer
June 2nd, 2004, 06:41 PM
No soup for you!

Grrrrr...i want soup.....Hot and Sour soup is my fav. soup

not just them.. don't talk ab my momma unless you wanna feel the whole family's wrath- e0b, seduction, merdawk AND the sh33p, watch out :owned

mwuahahah

Well i aint got nothing to worry about on the EoB and Merdawk thing but i am scared of sheep and Seductive.......AHHHHHHH! RUNAWAY FROM THE MON.................... :devil

Suntrails
June 3rd, 2004, 08:08 AM
'] You asked how I find time to cook every day - well, about four years ago, I quit my "PAYING" job (lol) at the Univ of So AL College of Medicine to stay home full-time to take care of kiddos. So, I cook breakfast and dinner - lunch only gets cooked for Pete/Oukast before he heads off for work. It's now "my job" to be the cook

So... all I need to do is make H hire me as his personal chef and then quit my day job... I could handle that.

As for what H likes, well, you saw his post. He'll eat pretty much anything, which makes him a perfect guniea pig for new recipes. If you could pm or email me with some recipes for beef roasts, steaks, chicken, and lasagna, H and I would owe you one.

SweetGirL
June 3rd, 2004, 10:47 AM
So... all I need to do is make H hire me as his personal chef and then quit my day job... I could handle that.

As for what H likes, well, you saw his post. He'll eat pretty much anything, which makes him a perfect guniea pig for new recipes. If you could pm or email me with some recipes for beef roasts, steaks, chicken, and lasagna, H and I would owe you one.

Consider it done! "WE LOVE YOU, HYBRID!!!!!" :ldm hehehe

}{y|3ri|)
June 3rd, 2004, 12:27 PM
im really liking the way this is turning out!!

LA_MERC_goose
June 3rd, 2004, 12:31 PM
}{'s headstone

Here lies }{,
he ate everything on his plate.
Some of it though
the dawg wouldn't have ate.

Suntrails
June 3rd, 2004, 12:34 PM
Are you insinuating something about my cooking Goose?

LA_MERC_goose
June 3rd, 2004, 12:42 PM
Well if you'll bake an apple pie, ship it to my house, let me eat it and then decide weather or not I'm cracking on your cooking. I'm not cracking on any one person's cooking, yet.

}{y|3ri|)
June 3rd, 2004, 12:48 PM
hey get your own hot cook!

Suntrails
June 3rd, 2004, 12:50 PM
I am an apple pie afficionado myself Goose. But I don't think my pies would travel well. You'll have to come "up North" to taste one.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 3rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Nothing like a "warm apple pie"
:laugh:

LA_MERC_goose
June 3rd, 2004, 01:12 PM
LEAVE THE SOUTH FOR PIE!? That is a sin and I would have to spend extra time in shurch to get forgiveness

SweetGirL
June 8th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Mom is from Aubigny, France....Lasagna is an Italian dish - oh well, it's really good anyway. Mom uses the real sauces and stuff, but I prefer this simple way, and I use Prego or Ragu sauce. If you like extra onions or mushrooms in your sauce, then add what you prefer. I will give you the recipe for a small pan of lasagna, Sun, since it's just you and Hybrid. I am no professional cook, so I can only estimate on how much of each ingredient I use. I hope it turns out for you. =)

1 pound of ground beef/hamburger meat (the more meat, the better)
Mrs. Dash (seasoning - use the one with the yellow top)
Italian Seasoning (that's exactly what it is called)
Salt & Pepper
Large jar of Prego Traditional (use whichever sauce you prefer though)
Tomato Paste (small can)
Lasagna Noodles (16 oz - approximately)
2 tablespoons Virgin Olive Oil (or use vegetable oil if you want)
1/2 - 1 pound Mozarella cheese (grated)
1/2 - 1 pound Cheddar cheese (grated)
Parmesan cheese (comes in a shakable container in the spaghetti isle)
small container of Ricotta cheese
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large pot, add quite a bit of water (MAKE SURE IT WILL COVER THE LASAGNA NOODLES ONCE THEY ARE ADDED) with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and your 2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil (so the noodles don't stick together and flavoring). Bring to a boil and add lasagna noodles. That will need to be monitored according to the directions on the lasagna box (which says something like stir gently, ocassionally, and don't overcook). Drain noodles once cooked.

While you are waiting for your water to boil, place your hamburger meat in a non-stick skillet or whatever you ordinarily use to cook it. Add several dashes of salt and pepper and begin to cook on medium, stirring often. Once it is almost cooked, add about 2 tablespoons of Mrs. Dash, another dash or two of salt and pepper, and about 2-3 tablespoons of Italian Seasoning. Drain the meat to get the extra fat/grease out. Place back on stove in the skillet or another pan and add the Prego sauce and tomato paste. Stir together well and allow to come to a boil, at which time reduce to low - allowing it to simmer for 10 minutes or so.

Beat egg and Ricotta cheese in a bowl.

Layer cooked lasagna noodles in a pan (something like a 13x9x2 inch baking pan). Spread half of the egg/Ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over it. Then sprinkle a layer of cheddar cheese and mozarella cheese. Cover with spaghetti sauce/meat sauce. Repeat. Your top layer should be the spaghetti sauce/meat sauce with the parmesan, mozarella and cheddar cheeses on top. Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Place your pan on a baking/cookie pan (in case it bubbles over, this will keep your oven clean). Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Take the aluminum foil off, and bake again for about 5 minutes (just long enough to make sure that the top layer of cheese has melted - it will possibly bubble, and then you'll know it's done). Take it out of the oven and, if you can keep Hybrid's grubby fingers off of it, let it stand for 20 minutes. Left-overs are usually best, because, when it comes out of the oven, the sauce makes it really gooey. Allowing it to stand to cool makes it "stick together better" - sorry for layman's terms. hahah So, left-overs of this are tastey.)

I usually make a little french bread or bagget or even Italian rolls with this. No veggies though.........we're usually stuffed from the lasagna and bread to worry with veggies. :P Salad is good with this though.

I hope I didn't forget anything. Enjoy!

PaRaNoiD
June 9th, 2004, 01:08 AM
'] (the more meat, the better)

sweet

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 9th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Parmesan cheese - AKA "Stinky Cheese"

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 9th, 2004, 05:30 AM
nah - parmesan isn't stinky - now Limburger on the other hand!

Suntrails
June 9th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Thanks Sweet! }{ will be beside himself with joy.

}{y|3ri|)
June 9th, 2004, 08:50 AM
ohhhhhhhhh that just sounds yummy!

[uGa] Saint
June 9th, 2004, 11:42 AM
we should have a section for just food recipes! my gf makes some wicked greek chicken... its really just chicken with spices, and its cooked a different way, but its the best chicken ive ever had, and way better than goose...

Silent_Killer
June 9th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Okay THATS IT IM MAKING A RECIPE THREAD! Im hungry.....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==