PDA

View Full Version : My first foray into CS

Suntrails
May 24th, 2004, 08:00 AM
I tried to play CS a little bit Friday night. "Tried" being the operative word there. And I sucked.

Thanks to EoB and Jester for trying to help me out. And *I* did not shoot you. H took over the controls and did that.

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 24th, 2004, 08:40 AM
lmao, so what did you think? It was very frustrating when I first started because it took some time to get used to how to move and buy things.

}{y|3ri|)
May 24th, 2004, 08:55 AM
i think the hardest part to learn is to make the mouse look where you want to go, and aim while moving. I dont think she likes the first person games, we'll start you a wonder woman character this weekend in City of Heros or something hehe.

Silent_Killer
May 24th, 2004, 08:57 AM
LoL jezz i remembered my first cs expirence, I made the mistake of going against Corona, EoB , and toby AHHHHHHHHHHHH!\

If u ever see those teams u might not wanna go againtst em. I do it sometimes just to see myself get owned

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 24th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Suntrails, if you were playing, you did great! I asked ya to follow me, and you seemed really good keeping up. I was just happy friendly fire was not on, because you blasted me with your ak for a whole clip..but i would not be shocked if that was H, he just jealous.

as I said ingame, I don't think the problem is in the student, but in its teacher.. :p:
If ya need help moving, aiming, buying (if you continue to play, and not give up like MY WIFE DID) i'm sure any merc will be more then happy to help.

hope to see ya on cs again

}{y|3ri|)
May 24th, 2004, 09:17 AM
/me edits end's post to say "omg i lub hybrid and hes sucha good playa and he is my beeeeeeeeeeest friend!"

she was doing ok, i just need to let her run around empty maps and get use to jumping and running and buying first, then try out a pub server. I was just playing when she came over and asked her if she wanted to try it out... (although she thinks this) you cant just jump in something and be great at it, plus the merc server is a hard server to learn in... lots of skilled players.

Seductive
May 24th, 2004, 09:25 AM
, I don't think the problem is in the student, but in its teacher.. :p:
(if you continue to play, and not give up like MY WIFE DID) i'd give a comment but i have a temper. =) besides there are other things i do better then CS!!! so it makes up for it.

Suntrails
May 24th, 2004, 09:29 AM
lmao, so what did you think? It was very frustrating when I first started because it took some time to get used to how to move and buy things.

Well first off, these people kept <i>shooting</i> at me. That made it difficult to figure out how to move, since I was dead within 10 seconds.

And buying things? You can <i>buy</i> things?

(although she thinks this) you cant just jump in something and be great at it

Speak for yourself, I am perfect.

Seductive
May 24th, 2004, 09:31 AM
All girls are, and don't let any guy tell you differently! And I agree with the dying thing. How are you supposed to get practice in running, aiming, shooting, jumping, etc. when someone shoots you before you move? We should have a girl/wife practice night, if u guys have the patience for us. ;p

CajunTech
May 24th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I agree that the Merc server being discouraging to learn on. I tend to get owned on our server, but jump in another pub and it's like "are all these guys noobs or what?".

LA_MERC_Maverick
May 24th, 2004, 11:15 AM
I agree that the Merc server being discouraging to learn on. I tend to get owned on our server, but jump in another pub and it's like "are all these guys noobs or what?".

OMG! HE LIVES!

JUNKY
May 24th, 2004, 11:18 AM
And buying things? You can <i>buy</i> things?

Oh yeah, it's just like going to the store for some Manolo Blahniks, just instead of shoes, you're buying the latest in fashionable kevlar armor, and accessorizing the outfit with a dazzling cluster of ammo clips, HE and smoke grenades!

Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize!!!!!

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 24th, 2004, 11:51 AM
lmao Chris!

[uGa] Saint
May 24th, 2004, 01:28 PM
i found that the hardest part learning cs to be, where on the map you first run into the other team, and where people usually go to snipe etc... id run into a room and have a group of mercs run me over with fashionable boots and matching purses. amusing the first time, depressing the 2 millionth time... i find it good to spectate a little bit in first person to see how others play.

Suntrails
May 24th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Oh yeah, it's just like going to the store for some Manolo Blahniks, just instead of shoes, you're buying the latest in fashionable kevlar armor, and accessorizing the outfit with a dazzling cluster of ammo clips, HE and smoke grenades!

Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize!!!!!

Now do you coordinate the ammo clips with your grenades or your purse? That's where I always get confused. lol.

LA_MERC_goose
May 24th, 2004, 02:16 PM
You want to make sure your gun matches your ammo clips. If not, it's like wearing white after Labor Day - everyone looks at you and most of them laugh.

}{y|3ri|)
May 24th, 2004, 02:23 PM
guys guys... listen to yourselves...

but seriously does the diffuse kit make my butt look big?

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 24th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I love what you did with your boots! I think your butt looks phatt!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 24th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Who uses a word like Foray. Got to ba e woman! And Sabre who you calling phatt. Your what 6'3" WITH LEGS THAT SHOUDL BE ON A 4 FT TALL MAN. Come on.

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 24th, 2004, 03:50 PM
LOL, can't say what i really feel on these forums.....hehehe

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 24th, 2004, 04:15 PM
" Excuse me Boys " I hate to BUTT In!! But, you forgot the most important part of the Counter strike wardrobe. Its not the defusal kit that makes your Rumpaty BUM BUM, Look big, its not the Clips that match the kevlar bikini Breifs your wereing....

Its the EYEWARE! You Just are not YOU with out the porper night vision Gogles to run around in the dark with all your other friends...WOOHOO....

:fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit :fruit

SweetGirL
May 24th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Well first off, these people kept <i>shooting</i> at me. That made it difficult to figure out how to move, since I was dead within 10 seconds.

Err well, that's the game! lol

As a LaMerc wife and a darn good female CS player (yes, a bit pretentious.....but I hold my own!), I'd love to have a ladies' CS practice night! We can let the guys spectate and have a good laugh! haha

As for learning to play CS, I used to watch over Peter's shoulder (Corp/OutKast) every night for about three months, until I decided to jump in there and try the game out for myself. So, I had a really good idea about the maps, the guns, buying, crouching, etc. I think that is very important to know before jumping on a pub. Also, playing against bots is a really good way to practice. You wouldn't be online with real players, just bots (or computer generated players). You'd get some great practice that way.

I think it's great that you have an interest in playing. I find that the guys get, well, less then thrilled when a female kills them.....gives me a rush! ahaha Seriously though, I remember the first map I ever played.....dust. I screamed at Corp/Peter when he got up from the chair next to me to get a drink from the kitchen.....I screamed "Peter, I'm the last person left on my team, and they're after me!!! Oh my god, take my mouse!" Corp ran back, grabbed the mouse, got my arse killed!!! Ever since that day, I figured I can do THAT on my own!! :roll p.s. I accessorize with thigh-high, black leather boots......goes well with my AK. *giggles*

Corp
May 25th, 2004, 07:55 AM
lol thats right blame me for you getting killed

Corp
May 25th, 2004, 07:56 AM
and i need to get a new avatar :( i lost my old one......

Hmmmm maybe one of those flash ones hehehe

Corp
May 25th, 2004, 07:59 AM
OH BTW she still doesn't knwo how to throw nades hahahaha.... blame me huh bubba :D

Iccey
May 25th, 2004, 08:33 AM
:stu

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 25th, 2004, 08:46 AM
odd how that "i'm with stupid" sign points to your avatar iccey.. :violin

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 25th, 2004, 08:47 AM
I'd love to have a ladies' CS practice night! We can let the guys spectate and have a good laugh! haha

we don't need a special night for that, don't we do that all the time? :stick

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 25th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Hell, some of us even laugh at the fellas play :p:

aCiD
May 25th, 2004, 09:10 AM
ahhhh, CS is the debil, run while you still can! AHHHHHHHHH... oh yea and to get better at CS ask }{ to let you use his hacks and then j00 will get better :d: w00ty t00t :fruit

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 25th, 2004, 09:56 AM
IF }{ is using a hax, it just goes to prove that some people just cannot be helped!!!!

Suntrails
May 25th, 2004, 10:01 AM
("Stand by Your Man" plays in background)

}{ does NOT use a hax (whatever that is...) He is just naturally talented.

}{y|3ri|)
May 25th, 2004, 10:37 AM
lol, its ok baby, they really dont think i hack because they dont think i would be able to even figure them out and make them work. Hell... i even have a hard time by accidentally slaying people cause i have some admin shortcut keys binded to my keyboard..

Innocent Player: Hey who slayed me?
LA_MERC_}{y|3ri|): erm um.. it was LA_TECH!!!

If you really wana learn how to play ill setup some bots on a good starter map and let you practice shooting and running and buying etc... i just figured you didnt like shooting games that much.. even though seeing you own someone in CS would just like tottally turn me on... rawr..

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 25th, 2004, 10:44 AM
LOL @ }{

LA_MERC_goose
May 25th, 2004, 10:53 AM
even though seeing you own someone in CS would just like tottally turn me on... rawr..

DOWN BOY!

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 25th, 2004, 10:54 AM
i need help

}{y|3ri|)
May 25th, 2004, 10:56 AM
yes you do

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 25th, 2004, 11:00 AM
lol, post haxor!!!!!

Suntrails
May 25th, 2004, 11:06 AM
i just figured you didnt like shooting games that much..

I shot all sorts of little fuzzy things on AO. It's the coordination of shooting and running at the same time that I have issues with.

LA_MERC_goose
May 25th, 2004, 11:24 AM
}{ knows all about trying to do 2 things at once. Running and shooting aren't his best either.
I can tell when he's chewing gum and playing CS, I can knife him then! :D

SweetGirL
May 25th, 2004, 12:09 PM
OH BTW she still doesn't knwo how to throw nades hahahaha.... blame me huh bubba :D

Well, we never got that far with your lessons, oh master. I admit it....I don't throw HE's or flashbangs. #1 I've seen you blow yourself up more times then I can count. #2 I hate teamflashes, even accidental - so I stear clear from flashbangs. #3 Takes too much coordination to hold down my mouse AND run AND throw AND select my weapon afterward.......ma nails are too long for all that. I just want to shoot things.............that's what CS is all about for me. :mp5:

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 25th, 2004, 12:11 PM
LOL H i know what you mean about watchin your women play cs and killin ppl.. lol so if you see lauren playing then leave for no reason, then I must...well.. nevermind.. But I know what you mean :p

}{y|3ri|)
May 25th, 2004, 12:38 PM
LOL H i know what you mean about watchin your women play cs and killin ppl.. lol so if you see lauren playing then leave for no reason, then I must...well.. nevermind.. But I know what you mean :p
buwhahaha!

goose you only knife me when im doing these two things:

Jim Beam and CS

Sweetgirl, try this:
have your primary gun out, then take out your nade, hold down the primary fire weapon to get ready to throw your nade. if you run across someone quickly hit the "q" key or where ever you have your fast switch weapon binded to and you will automatically start shooting, if they kill you before you can switch your weapon then you will drop the gernade right in front of him when you die and possibly take him with you.. thats kinda how i do it.. just dont do it that way with flashes.

Suntrails
May 25th, 2004, 01:27 PM
See? All I hear/read is blah blah blah, etc.

But if this is the reaction playing CS gets....

I will have to be a more attentive student.

}{y|3ri|)
May 25th, 2004, 01:33 PM
it really is a shame that none of the rooms in this office lock...
ok focus.. think about basketball... basketball...

we watching the t-wolves game tonight or is it yoga night?

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 25th, 2004, 02:19 PM
ewww...leave that talk to the bedroom :p:

CajunTech
May 25th, 2004, 02:41 PM
You mean you actually talk in a bedroom?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 25th, 2004, 03:21 PM
buwhahaha!

goose you only knife me when im doing these two things:

Jim Beam and CS

Jim Beam + CS = w00t!
Ten High + Yellowdog = Hilarious!

}{y|3ri|)
May 25th, 2004, 07:44 PM
w00t

bighead
May 26th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Mad_max+strip bar=The funniest thing i've ever seen :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 26th, 2004, 06:29 AM
I know this is kinda off topic and all, but welcome to the game of CS, Sun!

bighead
May 26th, 2004, 06:36 AM
LOL yea i guess it did stray sum. :) welcome to cs from me as well suntrails :D

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 26th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Mad_max+strip bar=The funniest thing i've ever seen :)
OMG stacy lmao!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 26th, 2004, 06:55 AM
meanies

Silent_Killer
May 26th, 2004, 08:20 AM
U know i ve playing cs for a while..and i still suck!

If u can learn how to play in a shorter time than i have been playing i wanna come see hybrid and make him teach me to play.
I have no one to teach me :(

blondie
May 26th, 2004, 08:20 AM
You mean you actually talk in a bedroom?
Guys will never learn :shootme:

bighead
May 26th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Guys will never learn :shootme:

Not all guys..just some :ldm

Seductive
May 26th, 2004, 08:59 AM
I agree, not all. I know of one who.... well, nevermind ;p

}{y|3ri|)
May 26th, 2004, 10:12 AM
I agree, not all. I know of one who.... well, nevermind ;p
ya hes great isnt he.... um i mean.. good cs player... ahem...

Suntrails
May 26th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Is there something I need to know about here?

}{y|3ri|)
May 26th, 2004, 10:47 AM
that you look hot and you deserve chocolate and something shiny!

Seductive
May 26th, 2004, 10:49 AM
nice cover! blind her with chocolate, cuz that always works! ;p

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 26th, 2004, 11:11 AM
that you look hot and you deserve chocolate and something shiny!

tread very carefully here }{, your are on thin ice...lol

The opposite is true with my wife, when she sees me playing CS, I get a pfffft!!!! (and a big one btw) If I'm lucky she'll talk to me within a couple of days or so...lol j/k...not about the pffft part though. So there is no 'talking' in between rounds in my house...lol

SweetGirL
May 26th, 2004, 07:59 PM
The opposite is true with my wife, when she sees me playing CS, I get a pfffft!!!! (and a big one btw) If I'm lucky she'll talk to me within a couple of days or so...lol j/k...not about the pffft part though. So there is no 'talking' in between rounds in my house...lol

She doesn't like the fact that you play CS, then? The reasonable soluti0n is to teach her to play CS.........that's what I did. I got sick of dinners being delayed because my husband was "still alive in the middle of a round". Or asking him to go to bed and being told "I will when the map is over". If you can't beam 'em, join 'em. :blue: (And Hybrid, stop knifing my baby!!! I will hunt you down every friggin map, boi!! :P)

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 26th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Heck, if you can't beam 'em...get a bigger beam.

Ooooh...you meant BEAT! oops.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
May 26th, 2004, 08:06 PM
lol Sabre, I'm in the same dog house as you when the wife sees me playing. doesn't matter if there is nothing else to do around the house...all chores and projects done, she's watching some stupid reality show, whatever.

}{y|3ri|)
May 26th, 2004, 08:10 PM
he begs me to do it sweet.... hehehe

Silent_Killer
May 27th, 2004, 07:56 AM
I knowz how ya feel sabre i acidentally was late for a date with my gf cause of cs....THAT SUCKED! i got no comments AND NOT EVEN A DANG GOOD NIGHT KISS! STUPID CS!

Suntrails
May 27th, 2004, 08:04 AM
And yet you all continue to play...

aCiD
May 27th, 2004, 08:48 AM
was that a whip crack in the background }{??? :stick
lol CS makes you *)#&$(*@_+()#_(*@+$( mad :d: thats why i havent been on ina while... + working from like 3:30pm-ya know 3am... cant really play on tha game much, but i look foward to meeting ya on CS :D

LA_MERC_goose
May 27th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Is there something I need to know about here?
You know, he was being a little too mushy with Heater the other day. And come to think of, I think I got fresh with Tech and Illegal the other night. I think something might be up. :stick

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 27th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Hey now...don't bring me into your twisted world! I have my own twisted world to live in!!!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 27th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Yall are nuts!

Wife don't like any games I do, tried showing her some D&D type games but it's too involved for her. FPS she is just like, who cares if you die? WTF? She only likes the games that come with windows, solitaire and the like. I'm in the same boat as CO wit da wife, nothing to be done around the house and still get into trouble.

For the nade throwing theory, running and throwing just takes practice and I routinely screw up a toss. But to help so you don't get caught with your pants...er well a nade in your hand. As soon as I'm done buying at spawn I switch to knife, then to pistol, then I hit q to go back to knife to run faster. While running I use my mouse to highlight my HE/FB, just before I get to where I want to throw my nade I hit q to switch to pistol, then hit my primary fire button to select my nade. After I toss my nade it automatically brings up your primary weapon. But since I switched to pistol just before I selected my nade my pistol is now on q, so when I'm in a fire fight and miss that guy for a whole clip I can still hit q and switch to my pistol for and few more misses before he kills me. BTW even if you don't use nades the switching to pistol just before selecting your primary weapon is a good way to have your pistol on your fastswitch button. I miss hitting the number 2 or 3 everytime I've tried so I stick with the fastswitch.

SweetGirL
May 27th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Ahhh, the wonderful CS "tips" keep rolling in, Suntrails. The boys like to think they are the authority on CS playing...................keep practicin', and show 'em a thing or two! hehehe You will one day find the extreme pleasure of killing these guys over and over again........may seem silly now, but there's nothing more climactic then hearing those boys whine and scream like babies when ya kill them!! :shoot: ~Testosterone-Pumped GirL~

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 27th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Ahhh, the wonderful CS "tips" keep rolling in, Suntrails. The boys like to think they are the authority on CS playing...................keep practicin', and show 'em a thing or two! hehehe You will one day find the extreme pleasure of killing these guys over and over again........may seem silly now, but there's nothing more climactic then hearing those boys whine and scream like babies when ya kill them!! :shoot: ~Testosterone-Pumped GirL~
You gotta kill me 1st sweet, before you hear me whine :p:

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 27th, 2004, 01:02 PM
oww..it hurts!!!

LA_MERC_goose
May 27th, 2004, 01:19 PM
That sounded like an open invitation for her to woop-up on you. Which works for me; that just means she's leaving me alone.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
May 27th, 2004, 01:47 PM
we can have a girlz vs. boyz match, girls get silent_killer :p

LA_MERC_goose
May 27th, 2004, 01:48 PM
:owned

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 27th, 2004, 01:50 PM
owww, someone stop the bad man!!!
lmao!

Suntrails
May 27th, 2004, 02:07 PM
we can have a girlz vs. boyz match, girls get silent_killer :p

Who do the women get?

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 27th, 2004, 02:42 PM
omg! I was wondering when you were going to ask that! hahahah!

Suntrails
May 27th, 2004, 02:45 PM
It seems you already know me too well.

SweetGirL
May 27th, 2004, 02:47 PM
You gotta kill me 1st sweet, before you hear me whine :p:

Errrr, I don't have your HAX, EOB!! :P Yeah, I know I aim like a girl....I really hate that. I guess I don't do too badly, but I need to improve on crouching and aiming....among other things.

And Gooseyyyyyyyyy.........I'll NEVER leave YOU alone :trout *giggles*

LA_MERC_goose
May 27th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Ahhhh, I feel so special .... or something like that.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==