PDA

View Full Version : .......... HELP!!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
May 19th, 2004, 07:22 PM
So I got this fk'n POS comp at my house and it's really starting to reddin my arse! Two HD's... both WD.... I finally got some other software issues resolved, and now the damn thing will NOT recognize one of the HD's .... It's there in the device mgr... workin fine!!!! NO FRIGGIN DRIVE LETTER ASSIGNED!! I can't access the damn thing.... Now with all the stuff going on down here... working on two rigs at the same time and a crappy cable modem prob I could be missing something very obvious here.... so pls be gentle if it's something REALLY simple....... H E L P!!!!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 19th, 2004, 07:30 PM
right click on my computer - go to manage...

in the pane on the left hand side, go to "disk management" see if it shows up there...

is it a new drive? if so you need to use disk managment to set up a partition on it, and to assign a drive letter, otherwise it will not show up in my computer. i'm on icq if you need help...

LA_MERC_Spark
May 19th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Max... thanks... i deleted the partitions on both drives in order to start fresh... I then formatted... I ass umed that would be all... wrong!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 19th, 2004, 07:52 PM
yeah - if you didn't create a partition on that second drive during setup, it wouldn't have shown up until adding one in disk management...

glad I could help :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 19th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Check the jumpers on the end of the drives too...make sure one is master and one is slave. If I remember correctly, WD are particular...it HAS to be told which is which.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 19th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Yeah on WD's there is a seperate setting for single drive and master w/ slave.

LA_MERC_Spark
May 20th, 2004, 02:30 AM
You r so right.... One of the drives is a 4 gig MONSTER!! If you use it stand alone it MUST be jumpered CS to avoid an issue....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==