PDA

View Full Version : Forum hosting?

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 19th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Ok, I just started MBA classes at the University of Phoenix, and alot of the work is done in groups. Email is a good way of communicating but all of us do not have email access to certain accounts all of the time. So I'm trying to figure out a quick and dirty way of making one place for us all to go to discuss things....like a forum. Is this possible to set up at my home pc or is too much trouble to worry about?

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 19th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Does University of Phoenix offer a "blackboard" service? I take the MBA at UNO and they use an electronic classroom program to post messages, grades, assignments, class documents, etc. It also has a discussion/forum feature.

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 19th, 2004, 07:08 AM
no, I have a student webpage that I can get grades, transcripts and some other stuff but no forums or message board. I used Blackboard at LA Tech some, but didn't really need it then. It's alot different when you are working with adults that live nowhere near each other.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 19th, 2004, 07:12 AM
You can create a group at yahoo and add the members that way. I did that for one of my A&B classes. You can email through there and post ideas etc.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==