PDA

View Full Version : OMG this is cool!!!

JUNKY
April 29th, 2004, 01:23 PM
This is like true sci-fi stuff....

http://www.local6.com/technology/3250297/detail.html

My only question about the competency of the researchers... "researchers are doing more tests to see if it can stop bullets or shrapnel, too."

Umm--here's a novel Idea -- shoot the damn thing.

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 29th, 2004, 01:31 PM
definately not redneck researchers...thats the first thing they would have done.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 29th, 2004, 01:33 PM
How right you are Diesal!

Maximus
April 29th, 2004, 02:07 PM
RL Armor hax??? hmmmmm...

}{y|3ri|)
April 29th, 2004, 02:57 PM
"-- and perhaps it could one day protect people in automobile and airplane crashes. "

that so stupid... in an airplane... if you crash a vest or material you are wearing isnt going to save you...

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 29th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I know...I was thinking the same thing. Yes, if you crash in an airplane the vest will stop items from enetering your body. Will you live? HECK NO! You'll be spread over a couple hundred yards of dirt...and that will most likely be on fire.

Sheesh

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 29th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Errr...Ummm...Yea... what he said!!

JUNKY
April 29th, 2004, 06:01 PM
both statements are correct, but my interpretation of that is that the fabric can be used as a layer in the construction of the aircraft. A crash landing where the airframe doesn't tear to pieces, statisticlly has more survivors than crashes where the plane has broken up.

same theory as what you state -- if the stuff hardens enough, think how many lives it could save if motorcyclists or joggers could use the stuff in lightweight safety gear? fall, or get hit by a car and the clotes act as an instant helmet at the point of impact, severely lessening the transmitted force of the blow.

snowskiiers and snowboarders, mountainclimbers, athletes in impact sports, Emergency safety personel, hell even liquor store owners in bad neighborhoods, would benefit greatly...

The possiblities are endless

LA_MERC_Spark
April 29th, 2004, 10:24 PM
pretty awsome stuff.... makes you wonder about the things we DON'T know about....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==