PDA

View Full Version : My computer

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 27th, 2004, 12:50 PM
A little background...I had a millwright at work make me a frame out of aluminum, 18x18x8. Probably the coolest part, in my opinion, is that I have front and back windows. I cut up my old case and used the drivebays to save time, b/c after making my mobo holder I really didn't want to spend even more time w/o my computer up. I made a lexian mobo holder which looks super l33t. When I order my next stuff I'm going to get my UV cold cathodes and some red and green UV paint so I can paint most of the chips and capacitors on my mobo and video card. Right now I don't have the shroud on, more on that later, so my computer is free air.

Please disregard the mass of power cables tiewrapped together I'm going to get some chrome split loom to cover them up shortly.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 27th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah, I still have the protective covering on my mobo holder, which is the white stuff you see in the pic. I just peeled some of it back so you could see the backside of the motherboard. Also the protective covering is still on my front panel b/c I have to put the front switch panel in with my front audio and USB ports. Don't want to scratch either of those.

NOTE: for any modders out there lexian is great for cutting and is very very flexible, you can literally bend in into a circle. But since it's so flexible it scratches extremely easy so keep the proctective covering on as long as possible.

LA_MERC_goose
April 27th, 2004, 12:56 PM
WATCH OUT! THERE'S A DEER JUMPING THROUGH THE WALL! AHHHHH!!!

wooks weally wool - that would take way more patients than I can come up with.

LA_MERC_Yankee
April 27th, 2004, 01:05 PM
What's the Coke can do on the inside of the CPU in the first pick??

:stick

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 27th, 2004, 01:31 PM
I think he uses it as storage for the watercooling system he's building. lmao

JK!

Looks awesome man!

|Noob
April 27th, 2004, 01:35 PM
I think he uses it as storage for the watercooling system he's building. lmao

JK!

Looks awesome man!

:LOL1

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 27th, 2004, 05:19 PM
OMG,,, GOOSE I like to died when I saw your post, I would never have notice the deer if you hadnt pointed out he was coming through the wall!!!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 28th, 2004, 12:49 AM
LOL, you guys are nuts.

Coke is better than Pepsi.

Deer regularly jump through my walls, one of the hazards of the country.

I can't even guess at how many hours I've thought about this case and bounced idea's off a friend at work, from engineering to different mods, it's been a trip. Plenty of frustrations and even more discarded ideas that my friend told me was a little too off the wall, or down right impossible to do. Well I guess that's why I'm the dreamer and he is the realist.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==