PDA

View Full Version : new source for music

LA_MERC_Drax
April 26th, 2004, 12:12 AM
well if ya download music and stuff with kazaa, you prolly(like me) get fed up with people sharing crap verions that fizzle out. I had a friend show me this winmx, maybe its new, maybe im slow, but so far, i haven't found a bad song on it. Caught up a bunch of my music, have to keep the beats rockin!

check it out at
www.winmx.com

Maximus
April 26th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Far from new and pretty popular now, WinMX has been around for a couple years...fortunately there's alot of people that use it, without too many people (i.e. the RIAA) starting a big fuss about it...I love it! looks complex to use, but it really isn't...also, Shareaza is another pretty useful downloading tool, with a really cool interface, but the only problem I've had with it is that it sometimes isn't accurate and it can take a little while to get files...

[uGa] Saint
April 26th, 2004, 01:51 AM
there are also two other reliable programs, one is "soul seek" which most of my friends use, and also "emule", which used to be extremly good but for some reason has gotten slow as of late (could just be campus admins curving the bandwith). I like emule cause you can get fully archived cds, and i havent come across one bogus song yet using it...

aCiD
April 26th, 2004, 06:08 AM
dont worry Drax, i've never heard of it either lol :p:, i was using Kazaa... the fizzle n oise didnt seem to bother me anymore :d: but thanks fer bringing it up, wooooo

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 26th, 2004, 07:32 AM
I have been using WinMX for a long time off and on, along with kazza, I switch between the 2 find the best D/L. Somtimes I end up with 2 or 3 of the same file but I just delete the crap ones and keep the best.

Anyway WinMX is a good program, when you find what looks like a good file it usualy is.

|Noob
April 26th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Bearshare for me...

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 26th, 2004, 03:52 PM
music.downloads.com

This went live pretty recently. You can download indie music (groups that aren't signe on to a label). Some pretty good stuff in there.

LaTech

[uGa] Saint
April 26th, 2004, 04:06 PM
the problem with bearshare is that its a gnutella client, something that the RIAA uses on its crackdown of downloaders, im not familiar enough with it, so i might be wrong, but i dont see how they would be able to get around that. The same is true with Kazaa, I try to stay as far away from RIAA as possible when i download, so i try to opt for moderately used P2P programs...but whatever, just my opinion

|Noob
April 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Well for that genre of downloading I use bearshare anyway.

Becoming much easier to just download the full CD off of Bittorent.

Apocalypse
April 26th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I uses Ares...haven't had any problems with it. No corrupt files or anything.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM
thanks for the tip on WinMX. I'd heard of it, and perhaps downloaded it sometime in the past, but it just seemed inferior to what was avaliable at that time.

I quit using KaZaa when the RIAA started cracking down, so I lost my source of online music downloads.

I just downloaded WinMX, and found at least one tune by every artist I searched for (and my music is harder to find) stuff like Jack Teagarden (see my avatar :) ) Bill Watrous, Al Hirt, J J Johnson, Carl Fontana and such...

Anyway, thanks for the tip :)

JUNKY
April 27th, 2004, 08:39 AM
I have been using WinMX for a couple of years now, exclusively since the original napster died. I never liked the spyware in other programs. WinMX has always found me what I'm looking for, it just depends on how you want to search. I don't expect WinMX to stay under the radar for long, but as it is now, it still seems to never get mentioned when file sharing programs are talked about by the mass media.

Oh, and since WinMX's server network aren't yet all linked, you may have to disconnect and reconnect to the network (opennap protocol) on a different server to search there.

LA_MERC_Sniper
April 27th, 2004, 08:19 PM
omg apoc hahah your avatar is mean lol but vewwy funny haha

aCiD
April 28th, 2004, 08:16 PM
has anyone ever just stoped and watched Snipers avatar.... starts to freak me out... :twak go away ebil eye! AHHH

Maximus
April 28th, 2004, 09:56 PM
has anyone ever just stoped and watched Snipers avatar.... starts to freak me out... :twak go away ebil eye! AHHH

"for dry, itchy eyes, try ClearEyes...Wow..."

You know who's avatar freaks me out a little??? That little pudgy freak on Apoc's avatar!!! That kid drives me nuts! I wanna find him and put a needle in him to see if he deflates!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 28th, 2004, 10:02 PM
:stick Hey! Don't pick on the fat kids...

[sniff, sniff]

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 29th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Tell em MadMax, he is just big boned...damnit!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 29th, 2004, 09:46 AM
he's just husky for his age.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 29th, 2004, 10:31 AM
I was so fat at like 10 or 11, that I couldn't even wear boy's "Husky" sized pants...my mom was buying mens 38's and hemming the legs... I was litereally larger in diameter than in heigth at one point...

funny thing is, I still wear a 38, only I'm like a foot and a half taller...hehe

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==