PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon II...my report

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 19th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Man...what a blast.

The more I think about it, the more that I think all the work and stress that went into planning and setting up Armageddon II was worth it.

Here are my impressions:

1) Just because you get to a place at 10 am to start setting up doesn't mean that you'll actually start setting up at 10.

2) Network cables were designed by the devil.

3) Gaffers tape...if I never see another roll of that in my life...I'll die a happy man!

4) Never let Jay be in charge of getting SWAG for the lans...you'll get 100000000 t-shirts. LMAO!

5) Computer players are a strange bunch...you'll have people with plastic helmets, plastic swords, tennis balls, missiles...you name it.

6) When you're playing a game, and a flying object hits you, pick it up, and throw it at someone else that is playing.

7) Sleeping in a chair in a cold room, although better than sleeping on the freakin cold floor, isn't very comfortable.

8) If you get more than 2 hours of sleep a day, you will be the object of envy.

9) If you stop drinking caffine and eating sugar before a lan, you're in for some long nights.

10) The best time to go get something to eat is 3:00 am (lol Jester!)

Anyway...there are a ton more things I would like to say...but I don't want to waste your time.

Actually...let me do this...

I would like to thank the following people for making this event so freakin successful (if I leave you out, it's not because I am not thankfull, there are just so many people to name, so don't take offense!)

CfH - Man, you did a lot of stuff at the lan...your assistance was GREATLY appreciated.

RiverRat - Just goes to show you, with a lot of planning and a lot of hard work, things CAN turn out better than you thought they would! Thanks for all your hard work.

illegal-Op - Toby, thanks for all your work with the tourney and network stuff. It went very well and we couldn't have done it without you...

Onji - Again, thanks for all your help witht he tourney and network.

Diesel, Andy, Yankee and Drige - Thanks for the help with the monitoring of the tourney, the name badges, registration and tear down...

Jester - You did a little of everything, man...I couldn't list it all, but I appreciate all the help that you gave. Also, thanks for helping me stay awake...lol

COPS clan (and LawDog) - you guys rock. You were there early to help us set up and everything. I GREATLY appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Anyway...that'll be it for now. Again, if I forgot you, or left out something that you did, it's not personal. So much happened that it's almost impossible to remember everything.

Thanks again.

LaTech (Scott)

roXet
April 19th, 2004, 07:13 AM
man, it's killing me that I didn't get to come. I was too busy th is weekend to think about it then, but now it's really getting to me =(

aCiD
April 19th, 2004, 07:13 AM
You forgot me- but i mean, i forgive you :(
lol jp, i really wish i coulda came, maybe next time! weeeeeeeee
glad yall hadda blast too! and glad you all got back safe :hug

PaRaNoiD
April 19th, 2004, 07:57 AM
still waitin on e0b.. and his feedback, but I know he hadda great time- he lives for it. I'll wait on his wifey's report when he's not around :) I'm sure you guys were all gentleman.. hehe
Next year ppl! Sry Birdy ;)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
April 19th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Of course we were.. we are always gentlemen. :D

aCiD
April 19th, 2004, 10:07 AM
/lies :d:

LA_MERC_Drax
April 19th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Whatever they say about me isn't true tiff, i am a perfect gentleman...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 19th, 2004, 12:41 PM
it was a blast guys! Thanks for making it possible :)

Little Birdy
April 19th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Yes, thanks for it LA_MERCs and other peoples that helped... It was great, the absolute team sort of p'd me though... long story and I got the short end... So... Next year, I'll be sure to get a team... Like... EoB, Drax, SpecOps, (onemore), and me (Pwnage!) lol I've got to get a little more tourny play in though... I'm still not good on communications, which is a key neccessity to tourny play. See you guys around... and I'll be sure to see you next yr Tif ;)

PS I Love you guys!

PaRaNoiD
April 20th, 2004, 07:32 AM
you sure will see me next year, i don't care if i start hitchhiking 3 days advance, i'll get there somehow :D
hehe, i believe ya drax.. lol, and even though I didn't go- thx for the ppl who made it happy- you made alot of computer shut-ins happy *sniff* ;)
i got dibs on e0b next year!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
April 20th, 2004, 08:08 AM
don't have much time to write about it now.. but I just want to thank EVERY person that went to the lan. From the guys that worked thier butt off, to just the simple player who came to play cs ect. You guys are great, an d you prove it over and over. I loved last weekend, and if we do have more, me and the wif( prob the sheep) will be going. It was def worth the 17-18 hour drive. I write more thanks, and about the lan later.

Little Birdy
April 20th, 2004, 07:35 PM
That's it! Eob, Sheep, Drax, Ops, and me! W00t we gots a team, if you guys agree! :) Up to it?

DTA
April 22nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Armageddon was GREAT as aniticipated. It would take days to write about all the LMAO stuff that happened. I've already started planing for next year. Thanks LA_Merc.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
April 22nd, 2004, 11:54 AM
That's it! Eob, Sheep, Drax, Ops, and me! W00t we gots a team, if you guys agree! :) Up to it?
no :shootme:

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 22nd, 2004, 03:52 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHH....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

SOOOOOOOOO OWNED!!!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 22nd, 2004, 10:40 PM
LOL @ CFH.

It was a very enjoyable time to meet the "LA_MERC gang" as well as others that I have gotten accustomed to playing CS with. The trip from SC wasn't that bad either and was definitely what the doctor ordered! Looking forward to next year.

LA_MERC_Drax
April 23rd, 2004, 10:41 AM
lol eob

:stu

nextyear keep parker away from the ten high :D :D

Little Birdy
April 23rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
=\ Eob just because you don't wanna be disqualified for *cough* my hax*cough* doesn't mean you can't be on my team :P

Texas_Lawdog
April 23rd, 2004, 01:32 PM
thanks mercs for the lan. i really enjoyed everyone . i do think it could have been much better. guys if you need anything this ways just asked , we are there for you. thank you again for making everyone feel at home!

Paladin
April 25th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Fantastic Time!!! Definietly an improvement. I have 2 suggestions though,
1) stop the BAWLS, please just say no
2) see item one.

ha ha , had an absolute great time,everything was super. Count me in on the next one now!

PaRaNoiD
April 26th, 2004, 08:49 AM
this is a pre-thankyou to the mercs for next year's lan, seeing as how im definatly going and all, see you guys there :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==