PDA

View Full Version : What is AGENTDKQX.exe?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 15th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Is this a virus or something? My boot times are literally 10 times slower than they used to be, and the first couple of programs start after booting take a couple minutes to start. I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe, 2500 Barton - OC'd to 2800, 2x512 DDR RAM in Dual Channel Mode. I ask about AGENTKDQX.exe, I'm pretty sure about the spelling of the file, after my last startup I brought up my task manager and end tasked that file and everything came up in my taskbar at normal speeds.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 15th, 2004, 02:57 PM
are you sure that is the exact spelling? I can't find anything on that.

[uGa] Saint
April 15th, 2004, 05:17 PM
My friends computer was running random exe files too(didnt have that name though), they werent picked up by norton antivirus, spyware, or adaware and were using up a ton of the processor, i tried to look em up but found nothing and everytime he restarts the computer they pop up again... we have to "end process tree" other wise they keep coming back.... i dont get it..

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 15th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Dolt! Correct spelling is AGENTDKQX.exe, sorry typing too fast I guess.

I don't have to end process tree, just end process. But I do note a lot of things that run at startup, might start shutting them down and seeing if my computer still boots or not.

I've also been getting popups a lot recently so I got Google taskbar, but some of them still get by the popup blocker. Not sure if this is related or not.

Maximus
April 16th, 2004, 06:09 AM
could you list what you have under your startup tab under msconfig by chance? Take a screeny and lessee if we can nail it...

LA_MERC_goose
April 16th, 2004, 06:54 AM
X, I some of the same issue a few months back and M@lachi and I installed a SpyBot killer and let it run. I was amazed at the crap it found and we deleted. I run it once a week to make sure nothing new has slipped in but that might be an option.

|Noob
April 17th, 2004, 03:42 PM
If you think you have a virus and Norton isn't picking it up, I'd suggest getting AVG.

Free and available at www.grisoft.com

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==