PDA

View Full Version : Sound issues

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 15th, 2004, 02:33 PM
While I was building my case I had my mobo out of my case and just sitting on a desk for about 2 weeks. We had to handle it a few times to make sure the mobo holder fit, and to make the back panel cut out for the mobo. We fired up my system before I took it home to make sure we didn't fry it, and it started up fine. When I got it home I realized that I had no sound either in game or any other sounds, like the windows startup sound. It does make the post beeps and my computer starts, I just don't have sound.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, Asus A7N8X Deluxe, I use the integrated Nvidia sound controller. I've checked BIOS and my sound in on [Auto], only other option is disabled. I've also checked every sound controller I could find and all are on and volume is all the way up. I checked my system info and it says my Nvidia Nforce Audio processing unit status is OK. I have also tried my headphones and a pair of speakers from my last computer with no sound in either.

I don't know what else I can do or check. Is it possible for me to have fried just my audio processing unit and nothing else?

Maximus
April 15th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Tobysan...Your thoughts on the matter?

lastsith
April 16th, 2004, 01:28 AM
I had nothing to do with it...honest.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 16th, 2004, 10:03 AM
lastsith is my resident tech guru, I work with him and I try to ask him all my stupid questions first, then I come to you guys.

I just checked for new audio drivers but there is nothing newer than what I already have.

Still soundless.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==