PDA

View Full Version : "Lost in Translation"

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 29th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Why in the world was this movie nominated for so many Academy Awards??

I feel like I just lost an hour and a half of my life that I will never get back.

A while back I went and saw a movie called, "The thin red line." Afterwards I sent an e-mail to everyone I knew at the time letting them know what a waste of money it was.

Consider this your warning regarding Lost in Translation. If any of you folks spend a nickel on this movie I will be deeply disappointed. The only thing that was lost in this movie was the plot. There wasn't one!!! :soapbox

roXet
March 29th, 2004, 09:16 PM
I'll agree on The Thin Red Line, I thought it was crap, but I would like to check it out again and see if I just didn't get it the first time.

Lost in Translaiton, on the other hand, was a great movie. It wasn't an big in-your-face action movie like ROTK or something else, but it was still very good.Maybe not your style, but I liked it

LA_MERC_RiverRat
March 29th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Is that the one everyone is saying is a "chick-flick"? I may be confusing that one with another new release....

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
March 30th, 2004, 07:03 AM
I guess everyone is allowed to have their own opinions.
For instance I think the LOTR is a waste of my time.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 30th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Doh sorry Reed, I should have warned ya, Onestroke said it was teh bomb, as in Dirge bomb...:p:

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 30th, 2004, 07:49 AM
That should be a warning, if Onestroke liked it that much, then it licks donkey testicles! Kind of like the people who love "Mulholland Drive" becuase they think they understand it and that puts them on some higher level of awareness or thinking... :rolleyes:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==