PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on?!

LA_MERC_goose
March 28th, 2004, 11:17 AM
For the past two days I can not get into any server. Actually, I was able to get into COPS yesterday for 1 full round but got dropped and can not get back in. Counter Strike loads fine: no errors. When I choose a server it starts and goes into the downloading security mumbo-jumbo and the I get an error message about Server can not communicate with authinication server, 35 message. I wanna say it's a Steam issue but exactly how intelligent are geese anyway? :D Anyone else having the same problem?

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 28th, 2004, 03:32 PM
have you tried exit and logout, then relogging in to steam. That message happens to me when I play on someone elses computer under my email addy and forget to logout when im finished. When I get home and try to play that is when the message appears, I exit and logout, reenter my password to login to steam, then it allows me to play.

LA_MERC_goose
March 28th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Ok, tried that. I logged out and tried to log back but now I get some crap about not being able to connect to the Steam network - could be internet connection or a problem with Steam - If I'm able to write this from my computer at my house, I'm guessing it ain't the connection. Oh well, I guess the Counter Strike "g0ds" don't want me playing. :(

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 28th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Alan, Have you tied simply re-installing steam? If so get w/ me or M@l - I'm sure one of us can get it going for you!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 28th, 2004, 08:44 PM
If you use a router, remove it from your setup and hook up your pc straight to your cable modem then reboot everything.

LA_MERC_goose
March 30th, 2004, 06:12 AM
OK! I, don't know what happened. I took the router out of the picture, but then Steam tells me that it can't find the server. :( Alrighty then - crap! Checked all my connection, all my cables, rebooted, released and renewed IP - still nothing. Put the router back in line : cable from floor --> cable modem --> router --> computer --> hell
Ip address release and renew - logged in clean. Played for about two and half hours and man was it needed. Thanx guys for the help.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 30th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Glad you were able to get it going bro!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 30th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Sometimes steam can not find the nearest content server to you or that server goes down and with it being down, it can not verify your steam account.

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 30th, 2004, 08:24 AM
w00t! glad that youre up and running again goose!

JUNKY
March 30th, 2004, 08:25 AM
I've had the same situation before and reinstalling Steam was the only thing that fixed it for me.

LA_MERC_goose
April 6th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if it's operator error or system error - last night I tried to log into LA_MERC server and I get Invalid user ticket id error message. I rebooted my system, restarted steam rebooted again. Then something told me, like Illegal beating me with the butt of the AWP, CHECK THE ROUTER. Well that wasn't the problem but I once again had to release and renew my IP address for Road Runner. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Thnx in advance.

Maximus
April 6th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Hey goose, don't feel bad...I can't get into CS right now cuz the stupid Steam error is coming up for me too...This really sux! What am I supposed to do now? I guess I'll go downstairs and play The Suffering or something...

LA_MERC_goose
April 6th, 2004, 02:15 PM
I finally got mine to work but I had to go to a DOS prompt, type in
ipconfig /release
then type
ipconfig /renew

Once it came back to me with a new IP address, I was able to get in fine.

goose --> :twak <-- computer

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==