PDA

View Full Version : M@lachi will like these...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 26th, 2004, 11:07 PM
"The typical band officer is a man past middle life, spare, wrinkled, intelligent, cold, noncommittal, with eyes like a codfish, polite in contact, but at the same time unresponsive, cool, calm and as damnably composed as a concrete post or plaster of Paris cast; a human petrification with a heart of feldspar and without charm or the friendly germ; minus bowels, passions or a sense of humor. Happily they never reproduce and all of them finally go to hell."
- Gen George S. Patton, Jr.-

"Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny."
- Frank Zappa-

"We never play anything the same way once."
- Shelly Manne-

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
-Miles Davis-

"By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with."
-Duke Ellington-

"Jazz will endure just as long people hear it through their feet instead of their brains."
-John Philip Sousa-

"There is no such thing as a wrong note."
-Art Tatum-

"There are no wrong notes. Only poor choices."
-Jamey Aebersold_

"The boppers flat their fifths. We consume ours."
-Eddie Condon-

"I was very happy and secure until I went into the army. Then I started to feel there was something I should know that I didn't know."
-Bill Evans-

"Are big bands coming back? Sure, every football season."
-Woody Herman-

I especially like Eddie Condon's quote :)

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 27th, 2004, 08:22 AM
LOL! Those were great!

LA_MERC_goose
March 27th, 2004, 12:09 PM
^
|----- LOST!

Speak english! What you say!

JUNKY
March 28th, 2004, 06:35 PM
w00t -- ex-trumpet/high brass player here, I understood em :-)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM
w00t! Wow Junky - i didn't know that!
I know Scott (LaTech) was a brass player - any others?
M@lachi plays Trombone and F Horn and Tuba, and I play Trombone, Trumpet, and Euph.

We both play in a Wind Ensemble and have both previously held positions in the local Symphony (I gave up due to boredom, never liked Symphonic playing) and up until recently I gigged in a Jazz combo, and played in a Swing band (M@l was also in the swing band w/ me).

I was offered a job on the Glen Miller Orchestra amost exactly 3 years ago, but decided against a life on the road...

Glad to year there are more brass players out there.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 29th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Ex-Trumpet, Mellophone and French Horn player here...and I got'em. Haven't played any music in about 3 years...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==