PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Firefox and Thunderbird?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 21st, 2004, 12:09 AM
Anyone besides me using Firefox and Thunderbird?
Firefox was formerly known as Mozilla Firebird...and Thunderbird is the mail client. These are SEPERATE from the standard mozilla web browser, and email client.

Firefox is MUCH better than the standard Mozilla browser, and the email client that comes bundled w/ Mozilla is basically the old Netscape email client, which sucked!

I'm really impressed w/ Firefox and Thunderbird, and was wondering if any others had given them a try.

They are now set as my defauts :D

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 21st, 2004, 09:42 AM
Yup, been playing with them for some time now. FireFox is pretty good, haven't seen any site that this browser cannot render.

roXet
March 21st, 2004, 12:28 PM
I've been using Firefox and Thunderbird exclusivlly for over a year now, there is no way I would ever go back to IE. I always freak out when I get on somebody's computer that still uses IE and pop ups come flying at me from all angles!

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 21st, 2004, 12:37 PM
you mean there is another option???? i don't have to use ie???? Sign me up!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 21st, 2004, 02:30 PM
Well, I'd played w/ Firebird in the past, but I do have to say that they got it right w/ Firefox!

I actually just found out about Thunderbird. I'd always been looking for an alternitive to Outlook for home - Outlook was simply overkill for my needs, and I hate OE -WAY too un-secure.

Anyway, I've tried Eudora, Mozilla's built in client, Opera's built in client and several others before I found Thunderbird. It is awesome - The only other good alternative to Outlook I'd found was Evolution (on Linux), but I actually like Thunderbird better.

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 21st, 2004, 04:21 PM
havent tried firefox but have used thunderbird some..will give it a try and see if i like it or not

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==