PDA

View Full Version : My gaming hax

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 12th, 2004, 01:55 AM
For the past couple of monthes I've not been able to regularly connect, or stay connected, to CS servers. It works for a week or so then I can't stay connected for more than a few minutes for a week or 10 days. Everytime I was about to call my ISP it started working again so I thought it might be internet hax. Well this time I called the guy and asked what was up and gave him the server ip so he could ping it himself. This here be his reply and I was wondering what you guys thought about it...

Al's telling me that because of the virus that was going around at
> Christmas time our up line made there edge router not respond to Icmp or
> udp trace routes and thats why you did not get an answer to your trace
> route at that point but he also says that the latency is coming from the
> server you are trying to play the games on . Al checked this from
> behind the fire wall from behind our router and from outside of our
> network and pretty much came up with the same thing. We will keep
> looking for the problem. Let me know whats happening on your end

Lt.Dan
March 12th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Hey its 3 in the moring, go to bed. On second thought, what am I doing up? Well if you want to know what I think, I say OFF WITH HIS HEAD, not sure whos head, but that does not really matter. :)

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 12th, 2004, 06:24 AM
sounds to me like they are passing the buck???? no one else has issues with our server. at least that i know of.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 12th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
For the past couple of monthes I've not been able to regularly connect, or stay connected, to CS servers.

If you are having a regularity problem, try using Metamucil.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 12th, 2004, 07:45 AM
:doh

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
March 12th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Lt.Dan, actually it's 4 in the morning I'm east coast but I had just gotten home from work.

Sabre, ever since Bayou has gone to the new backbone I've had a higher ping then before, not much but some. When did they go to the new backbone? Maybe my hax was my ISP instead of the new backbone.

Metamucil tastes like crap! Besides my modem went pop when I poured it in the hole, thanks again for the haxin Toby.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==