PDA

View Full Version : crap!

LA_MERC_Spark
March 9th, 2004, 09:21 PM
WTH is going on??? Tried reinstalling steam... ran virus scan and found some files...deleted them... still get this error... thing is I played like a couple hours b4 this started happening..

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 10th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Uninstall and reinstall Half Life THEN reinstall steam...

LA_MERC_Spark
March 10th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I fixed it....had to clean some crap up on my puter, then had to delete all the steam crap again...reinstalled it and WWEEEEEEEEE!! it worky!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 10th, 2004, 12:34 PM
You broke it!!!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 10th, 2004, 01:20 PM
or the truth... That steam was updating! LMAO Patience sparky!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 10th, 2004, 01:23 PM
OR.. Deleting the file - clientregistry.blob and then restarting steam would have fixed it also

STEAM NEWS

Steam Update Release
March 9, 2004, 6:28 pm · Erik Johnson

There has been a Steam update tonight to address a few problems from last week's release.

This update is for all of the games currently on Steam. The specific changes are:
Changed HTTP download behavior to retry connections using old trickle download method if it can't download all files.
Fixed a crash bug when connecting to a dedicated server with an empty mapcycle.
Fixed a bug where MP3 volume wasn't working properly.
Fixed "STEAM UserID 0:0:1 is already in use on this server" message when connecting to LAN servers in offline mode.
Fixed memory leak in HLTV.

Server admins will want to restart their server to get updated.

STEAM NEWS

Update Recalled
March 9, 2004, 7:31 pm · Erik Johnson

There was a crash bug in the release that was planned for this evening.

This update has been rolled back until we address it.

LA_MERC_goose
March 10th, 2004, 01:24 PM
ouch. All that because some programmer decided to make a code change, darn programmers. hehehe

LA_MERC_Spark
March 10th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Tried the restart thing.... shutdown and tried again... reinstalled an it didn't work.... then reinstalled again and it kept dling the same update everytime... deleted everything again and shutdown... reinstalled AGAIN and everything worked fine.. Steam gets da big FINGA from meh!!!!!!!!!

Regardless
March 10th, 2004, 09:26 PM
ahahahahahahaha

LA_MERC_Drax
March 16th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Easy there monkey boy, i can see your jugular sticking out of your neck from here. Take 2 deep breaths, remove your pistol from the monitor, and unload it.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==