PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for me.....

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 4th, 2004, 04:02 PM
This is to let you guys, my new found buddies, now that I have been let go of my position with ACS Technologies. I have been let go for reasons I still don't understand. Seven long hard years I have put in at this company and they do this to me. My position was Domain Network Administrator managing almost 300 workstations, 50 + servers over a large area network. When I started we only had like 10 Servers and less than 100 workstations.

I feel like I have been let down by a company I was very dedicated to and hoped to have much longer relationship with. I have a personality unlike many others and this I feel was my downfall here. Many people their are 2-faced and will do nothing to see that someone gets the foot. Sucks a big one. This is probably a good thing that it happened.

This is to go to say, I am feeling a down, pissed off, and relieved. Please keep me and my wife in your prayers during this time of hardship. Thanks to ACS we have what we have as far as a lifestyle, hopefully we can keep it. The Man upstairs is my guiding light and he will suredly help us stay on track.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Henry Isgett

:madd:mad::confused:
:sad

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
March 4th, 2004, 04:06 PM
wow man..I sure am sorry to hear that. Just remember everything happens for a reason. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

bighead
March 4th, 2004, 04:09 PM
bro i hate to hear that...if u need anything..let me and teag know..we'll help out any which way we can

eNdOfBeGinNinG
March 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
I can not beleive that henry.. that makes me so mad. I know what you mean about 2faced, IT sees it a lot. Very, very sorry.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 4th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Dude...not cool. Will keep you in my prayers, and anything else that I might be able to do, please let me know.

LaTech (Scott)

IamTylerDurden
March 4th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Henry, I am SOOOOOOO sorry to hear that man, I don't understand at all, but I will be praying for you!

sh0cker
March 4th, 2004, 05:02 PM
M@l, Your family is in my prayers, and i hope that you have ppl that are here for you. We are all like a family and families stick together. Good luck with everything!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 4th, 2004, 05:09 PM
I hate to hear that Henry, especially now that I'm in my seventh year with my company and I'm starting to see how 2 faced they are like when they fired Ernie (LA_MERC_Mercy). I know everyone says it but truley if you need something let me know.

LA_MERC_Andyconda (Andy) <---- Like you couldn't figure that one out, lol.

Cypher
March 4th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Hey man, I was very sorry to hear about that. I know it's rough, especially considering how long you've been with the company. I hope we can remain friends even outside of ACS. If you need anything, let me know. Best wishes in wherever God leads you next. You'll be in my prayers.

Cypher
March 4th, 2004, 05:32 PM
On the bright side (I suppose), you won't have to deal with Tammy Toney and the KBase any more.

Regardless
March 4th, 2004, 07:06 PM
So sorry to hear about that. I know (or atleast hear) of the troubles you go through with ending jobs.

Best of luck to yah in these days :)

*Plants bombin ACS* Bwahaha (sorry to any mercs still working there >.<) :bomb2:

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 4th, 2004, 07:25 PM
sorry to hear man, but maybe this will eventually open a door to a much better oppertunity for you and your family.

aCiD
March 4th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Omg Mal, im so sorry man.. i'll keep you in my prayers and if theres anything i can do, just ask...Sorry again man, but youll get back on your feet quick- untill then, dont let those arse holes bother you - im sorry again man, and ill be sure to keep you in my thoughts.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Well - I just left henry's - been there since I got off work.

Please help me keep him in prayers. He needs it right now.

:(

LA_MERC_goose
March 5th, 2004, 05:58 AM
M@lachi was at ACS when I got there doing Tech Support. He has busted every part of his body and dropped many, many drops of blood, sweat and tears in that building, and the new building for that matter. The crap arse that was his boss is nothing more than a fu...... well before I get banned I better hush. Anyway, M@L you know where the house is and you know how to get me. You need me - call me.

Oh yeah how much do I owe you for the beverages? :D

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 5th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Thanks guys for your words. Means alot to me.

Goose, do not worry about the bottled goods.

:hug

eNdOfBeGinNinG
March 5th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Would it be wrong to ask which department gave you most trouble? I have a feeling marketing, considering 'IT' always got in thier way.. maybe it has changed since I left.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 5th, 2004, 06:59 AM
There was no one department that gave me any trouble that would amount this this. Maybe I am blind. :-(

StratCat
March 5th, 2004, 07:51 AM
M@l,

My prayers are with you man this is some fu**** up sh**, I'm floored at the moment. You were are hard person to read yea, but you were always dedicated to your job......this blows me away.....

Keep your chin up man if I can help please let me know..

Stratcat - Aka Rob

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 5th, 2004, 07:53 AM
NOW this is a shock to me Henry, I didnt know about your situation untill I look at the forums about 10 min ago. I dont know how to express what I think about it except to say *............* And thats about the truth of it. I know you have to look for the good in all things, even when its seems the is'nt any. I will pray for ya man, and if you need anything, " not to sound like a broken record " I'll be there for ya...

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
March 5th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Man I am sorry to hear that. We will keep you in our prayers.

CajunTech
March 5th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Henry, I'm with CO on this one hoping that it opens new opportunities for you.

}{y|3ri|)
March 5th, 2004, 12:38 PM
We here if you need us man!

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 5th, 2004, 06:54 PM
the company i work for, just let 26 peeps go this past monday, that's not including the 120 or so that left a couple of months ago. (some voluntary).

I know one guy that got laid off and he ended up finding a job making 1.5 times as much as he was.....having said that, i hope the same happens for you man!!! We'll be praying for you and your family.

Al & Wendy

Regardless
March 5th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Those little *********************************************** how could they do that? ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************************** and ****************************. Sorry again M@L...

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 5th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Update: I have just received a call from Micro$oft! W00t! My phone interview went very well, according to the person I talked to (I had to answer 40 very technical questions and only missed 3). I would be working with a team of technical persons troubleshooting never-before-seen problems with the Server Operating Systems. Of course this would mean a move to Charlotte, NC, but to early to say yet.

Thanks for all of your prayers, it appears that they are working. :-) Will keep you guys updated.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 5th, 2004, 07:18 PM
w00t - we gotta keep praying - it's working!!!

aCiD
March 5th, 2004, 07:30 PM
w00t! AWESOME MAN! keep it up! w00 h00!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 5th, 2004, 07:32 PM
excellent news man!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
March 5th, 2004, 08:48 PM
yeah .... i was gonna say chin up little buck-a-roo, but it appears that you may have found something else... It's been my experience that when things like this happen it usu. opens doors to opportunities that would have otherwise gone unexplored... good luck dadio...

x[rebequa]
March 5th, 2004, 09:40 PM
I sure hope things look up soon for ya Mal :) Keep your chin up, and I'll be thinkin 'bout you 'n your family.

LA_MERC_Sniper
March 6th, 2004, 12:27 PM
dang man sorry to hear about that but maybe it will be for the best hope the new opprtunity works out and is better

Iccey
March 6th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Im here for u man if u need anything i will do everything in my power to Help man

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 12th, 2004, 03:10 PM
OK guys! Just got off the phone interview with MS. Wow, what I headhache I have now! The phone interview went well. Well enough that I am now going to meet 'em face to face next Thursday.

More about this position....I will be working for the "Performance" team of MS, in the area of Windows 2000 and 2003. This team handles all customer related issues that (and I quote) "No one else in the world can figure out and resolve". The downfall of this job, is that it is a 1 year contract (with benefits), but the team manager stated that one year of working in this team and you can nearabout name your price working anywhere else. HUGE education oppurtunity.

Anyway, still working on other oppurtunities around here, but MS is the one with the most activity so far.

Thanks for your help and prayers!

Henry

roXet
March 12th, 2004, 03:15 PM
wow, that sounds like a great job Mal, too bad it's working for the Great Satan. =)

just kidding, I wish you all the luck in the world.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 12th, 2004, 03:32 PM
W00T GJ M@L!!!

Proof positive that prayer works!

aCiD
March 12th, 2004, 08:10 PM
:dance wtg M@L! ill still keep ya ina my prayers man just for the best! good luck bo!!!!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 15th, 2004, 11:30 AM
I have just got off the phone with M$ and they have told me that all positions they were offering are on hold right now. :-(

Still looking for other opportunities around here, none of which have taken the bait.

I have decided to get my A+ certification as most positions I have seen required it. Hopefully this will be very easy (it should be) and this will increase my chances of employment.

Henry

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 15th, 2004, 02:36 PM
baah! I was hoping for some better news :(....keep on pushing man, something will come up for you.

Cypher
March 15th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I just got the news from Jason before reading this... sorry to hear that man. Don't let it discourage you; you'll find something soon.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 15th, 2004, 04:57 PM
A+ is EASY man...don't worry about it. Just be sure you know your IRQ settings, and you should be fine.

roXet
March 15th, 2004, 06:46 PM
irq settings? I havn't messed with them since I was trying to get my modem working in linux about 5 years ago.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 26th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Hey Guys!

Just got off a phone interview with another job possibility! Looks very promising!

http://www.misyshealthcare.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=DSPView&Lookupid=1075&CurrentPage=1

Basically this company is like ACS Technologies. ACS does software for Churches, MiSys does software for hospitals and health clinics. I will work from home and travel all over the eastern side of South Carolina doing onsite software/network/hardware installs as well as troubleshooting and maintenance. A job like this would be awesome for me. :-)

Please keep your prayers coming......It is getting nitty gritty time (especially on the finances.)

Thanks guys!

:band
:thewave
:rockband

Cypher
March 26th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Great to hear that you've got another offer in the works... Good luck!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 26th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Henry - you must have SOMETHING magical about you - you seem to be the only thing that gets Josh to post anymore :)

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 26th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks Josh! It feels good to know that there are some oppurtunities in Florence and the surrounding areas in the IT field. The job market right now SUX! The thought of moving is just killing me.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 26th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Max, I don't know, but it feels good that Josh is there uplifting me right now as you and others are.

:)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 26th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I'm still praying for you too find something - I know Josh is too! You're a smart guy - something will come up soon, I can feel it in my bones!

1Str8G
March 26th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear about what happened M@lACHi. I hope you have some luck in finding a job. If you currently don't have any certifications then I would suggest that while you have time you do try to take your A+. When you complete it if you have time you may also want to try to take you Network+ certification. If you need suggestions on job searching or study material for any certification I suggest you look at this site:
www.techexams.net
This site will give you sites for jobs, study material, and any other IT resource you may want to look into or research. There is also an IT Jobs forum in the forums section located here:
http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=30
the top post in that forum "The State of the IT Field" is a post that I actually wrote up a few weeks ago, it has some good information about what caused the market to end up like it is and helpful tips on finding a job. Right below it in the forums is also is an "IT Jobs " post with alot of sites for the current available jobs in the market.
Hopefully this site can help you in your job search and if you have any questions about certifications or anything send me a PM on that board if you sign up (halflife78 is my name).

Thanks,

Steven

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 27th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks Steve, almost done with the A+ studies. Already have my MCSE but need to update it to windows 2000 or 2003.

The "State of the IT Field" post was very informative. Wow, I have some work to do! :-)

Thanks again for your support and help! :-)

Henry

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 29th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Well, I went for the final interview with M$ this past Monday. They are looking for someone in their Senior Technical Support Team (the final point of escalation for any support calls to M$). Felt really good about the interview but they decided not to offer the job to me. :( Kinda relieved about that though as I would have to move to Charlotte, NC (or there about).

Went for another interview the Wednesday after the LAN with MiSys Healthcare Systems for the Field Tech Job mentioned earlier in this thread. Feel really good about that and they seemed really positive towards me about the outcome. I hope I get that job. I will find out this coming Monday.

I am now going to another interview in Columbia, SC for a Windows/Web Administrator position. (www.bluestarsolutions.com). They want someone with Citrix experience, which I have none, but they wanted to bring me in anyway. Yeehaw! I am also lining up another with BlueCross/BlueShield for a Server Admin position.

Anyway, been really busy here lately and hopefully something will come to through. I want to start living my life again and not just trying to survive it.

LA_MERC_goose
April 29th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Right there with ya, bro! Hollar if ya need something. Good Luck. Let's do lunch - have your people talk to my people!

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 29th, 2004, 06:28 AM
w0rd...will keep thinking about you, [email protected] your chin up. There IS a job out there for you!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Just got of the phone with MiSys. No go there as I really hoped. I really wanted that job. :(.

Anyhow, I am now in talks with Blue Cross/Blue Shield and BlueStarSolutions right now. Please keep praying for me. It is really starting to get scary for wife and I financially.

[uGa] Saint
May 4th, 2004, 03:23 PM
goodluck man, just try and keep a positive mental attitude!!!

|Noob
May 4th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Right there with ya, bro! Hollar if ya need something. Good Luck. Let's do lunch - have your people talk to my people!

I want a people :sad:

You have my prayers man, which is saying something from an athyist(sp?). Good luck with the job search. :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
May 4th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Dat suxors man! we're praying for you!

LA_MERC_Drifter
May 5th, 2004, 01:34 PM
M@l you are in my prayers. Keep your chin up, God knows your needs and He will def not put more on you than you can carry.

SweetGirL
May 7th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your struggles, Malachi. This is one of those times when your endurance and dedication, not only to your job-hunting, but to your marriage will be tested. I sincerely hope you both are staying strong and supportive of one another.

On another note, there are programs out there that will pay your utilities in such an event like this. I don't think pride is an issue when it comes to situations such as the one you are presently in, so I will give you the information in the even you decide to look into it. Call the local Salvation Army (or have your wife do it), explaining you have lost your job, and need help with your utilities. They can also give you the numbers to other facilities that will assist you if you are in need (i.e. Red Cross will give you a free fan to help cut down on usage of the A/C; there are a few churches and other places, like Project Unity and Catholic Social Services, that will also provide financial assistance towards mortgage/rent, give you bags of groceries, pay for prescription medications, etc). It may only be a one-time deal with these places, but it's sometimes that necessary bridge that helps you get over difficult times like these.

Again, you may not need the assistance. I just wanted to give you, or anyone else out there that may be in need, some information on assistance. If I can ever help, I would be glad to look at the yellow pages and make calls for you (or anyone else) that may need it. I don't mind long-distance calling, so don't let that hinder you. =)

Every cloud has a silver lining. We may not know or understand the purpose of our hardships when they occur. The purpose makes itself evident down-the-line. Keep that in mind, continue persevering, and best of luck to you. ~Samantha~

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 7th, 2004, 09:20 AM
wow Sam that was really nice of ya, we are all hoping the best for Henry and we know that every dog has his day :)
except Yellow :p:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==