PDA

View Full Version : toby plz...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 3rd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Hey man - where do you get your info about what the steam patches do? I was just wanting to see what they did w/ the sound - sounds all funky now...like i'm in a drum...and everyone talks louder.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 3rd, 2004, 11:29 PM
There are 2 different voice codec for half-life

voice_speex and voice_miles... The server has been using voice_miles but I tried voice_speex since it is recommended and best of the two. The only thing is voice_speex is less forgiving and you have to fine tune your mic/headset more.

Anytime u want a list of steam updates. Bring up your Steam games list >> right click on Counter-Strike >> go to properties and its in there.

aCiD
March 4th, 2004, 05:02 AM
i told him to do that... doh!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Thx man - the voice communications was DEFINATLY better! I could actually hear LaTech :D

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 4th, 2004, 05:52 AM
hey....I resemble that. lol

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 4th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Yeah that was awesome, with a little tweekage
you could actually see and hear the b00nage of MadMax :p:

Texas_Lawdog
March 4th, 2004, 07:00 AM
now when i sing everyone will cheer!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_goose
March 4th, 2004, 07:04 AM
I will cheer as soon I hit the "Mute In Game" button! LOL :D

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 4th, 2004, 07:07 AM
It would have been better if some goober hadn't told me that I sounded like Arnold (Governor of California) when I said, "Where's the bomb? Plant the bomb!"

sheesh

LA_MERC_goose
March 4th, 2004, 07:18 AM
That was funny LaTech! /* In Arnold's voice */ WHERE'S THE BOMB!

I ended up muting 3/4 of the players the next round because I think they figured out they weren't gonna get kicked and man did they lay into the foul language. And the smack-talking with Jesus and Mary ... anyway it got old quick. I like the new voice in game. it is a lot easier to understand everyone but sometimes I guess it's better not to hear the b00ns that are on your team.

aCiD
March 4th, 2004, 11:28 AM
yea well i dont like it.. it makes me have even more of a redneck accent... bah.. dern thing!

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 4th, 2004, 11:43 AM
no

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==