PDA

View Full Version : Puter cases

aCiD
March 1st, 2004, 04:19 PM
i need to buy a new case fer my puter.. seeing how all of yalls look REALLY neat and ive got a plain dell case.. with.. DELL written on it.. yea.. er.. anyone know some pretty good sites?? :blue: :blue:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 1st, 2004, 05:03 PM
I like Antec cases - Thermaltakes are nice too - Some of the other guys can pitch in w/ some more "creative ones" I'm sure, but this is mine...

http://www.bjorn3d.com/_preview.php?articleID=224

http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/lanboy/p1.html

http://www.thinkgeek.com/pcmods/cases/5de9/

There are definately more cooler looking cases than mine, but mine got so many good reviews from a technical standpoint - weight, cooling, ect. that I decided on it - and it's available at our local Best Buy here in the "Magic city"

aCiD
March 1st, 2004, 05:49 PM
Magic city? what florence you live in? :p: thanks max! there is a lot o neat ones on here =o i dun really know what im going for, i just want something that really stands out :D

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 1st, 2004, 05:53 PM
yeah Florence's nick IS "The Magic City" and Darlington is the "Pearl of the Pee Dee" :)

Look at the "Pic of your setup thread" at Mav's his is a thermaltake...

aCiD
March 1st, 2004, 08:17 PM
ahhh who named it that??? mor elike "The drug city" :p:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM
(History major alert!!!)

Actually, it was named "The Magic City" because Florence is MUCH MUCH younger than other nearby towns (i.e, Darlington, Hartsville, Marion, Mars Bluff, Timmonsville, Kingstree) which all date to the Revolutionary Era. Florence was founded in the 1880's, and started as a Hotel! Florence grew at a VERY rapid rate compared to these other towns (biggest being Hartsville at approx 10,000 residents, smallest being Mars Bluff at a few hundred) while Florence is a growing Metro Area w/ well over a 100,000 residents. The reason? It's easy, the Railroad came through Florence. It was ALMOST Mars Bluff! Belive it or not! Anyway, Florence got the nick, "The Magic City" because it outgrew older, more established towns at an amazing rate (and continues to do so).

End of history lesson :D

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 1st, 2004, 09:00 PM
I feel more intelligent for some reason...

LA_MERC_Drax
March 1st, 2004, 09:25 PM
newegg has some cool stuff, check it out boon

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM
HAHAHA, and the town of florence was named after the daughter of a railroad Boss that came to florence when the railroad came through..

At lest I think thats right? I heard it one day while I was asleep in high school about 10 years ago.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 1st, 2004, 09:44 PM
Actually, you are right Parker, remember the Hotel I mentioned? The owners daughter was named Florence :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
AND WHOS SAYS YOU CANT LEARN BY OSMOSIS!!!! LOL

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 2nd, 2004, 04:33 AM
yeah, that's how i got throught the last 1.5 yrs at engineering school...osmosis!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Drax
March 2nd, 2004, 05:55 AM
Its sorta kinda workin for me, made it thus for in engineering. Sabre, what kinda engineer are ya? I'm studying to be a chemical Engr.

LA_MERC_goose
March 2nd, 2004, 06:27 AM
Drax and chemicals? I think I better go get my HazMat suit on and wait inside the Rescue truck. :D

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 2nd, 2004, 06:29 AM
Florence only has 30,019 people?

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/?id=102878

Wow! That is definitely the most LA MERC concentrated and infilitrated city in the country! lol

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 2nd, 2004, 06:31 AM
btw max, according to this website:

quote"The seat of Florence County, Florence was founded in 1855 and incorporated in 1890."

The alcohol must be affecting ya :drunk

And Drax... Mechanicals pwn j00

LA_MERC_goose
March 2nd, 2004, 06:56 AM
Best case I never saw was a piece of 1/2 inch plywood. The guy mounted everything on the plywood and never had a case because he kept switching out parts and wanted to make sure everything stayed cool. Ask M@lachi, I'm sure he knows who I'm talking about!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 2nd, 2004, 09:12 AM
Dirge - i did say late 1800's (i thought)

BTW, Census data is kinda screwey for Florence - yeah there are 30ish thousand in the City limits, but a huge amount of Florence has spewed over, and the idiots around here are so paranoid about being "incorporated" and having thier taxes go up, that it'll prolly stay that way. The city limits are only 12 sq mi. or so, but the city itself if probably closer to 20 sq mi. Florence is the kind of place, where you're riding along, on a main drag, IN town, and see the "Florence City Limit's" sign...lol.

Greenville and Charleston are very similar - much larger towns than their city limits and population indicate. I thing Greenville has "supposedly" about 50,000 and Charleston 70,000 - but are both probably closer to 200,000 in reality. I'd say florence is around 80,000 if all of it was incorporated. That is just a guess though.

aCiD
March 2nd, 2004, 09:38 PM
:offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic :offtopic

this isnt HISTORY OF THE MAGIK CITY! THIS IS HELP ACID WITH A CASE THREAD also known as "Puter Cases" FOCUS PEOPLE! FOOOOOCUS!!! :p:

LA_MERC_Spark
March 2nd, 2004, 10:18 PM
you send me a case...(plain), and i'll cut it, paint it, and make it bad arse.... I got madd skillz in da shop ya herd!

LA_MERC_goose
March 3rd, 2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Spark
I got made skillz in da shop ya herd!

SPEAK ENGLISH, WHAT YOU SAY!

aCiD
March 3rd, 2004, 11:42 AM
He said he cant build anything thats worth looking at! ouch~

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 3rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Spark
you send me a case...(plain), and i'll cut it, paint it, and make it bad arse.... I got madd skillz in da shop ya herd!

dang Spark needs his own series.....American Case Chopper..
I can just see it , Spark with his shorts half on, his Pr0nStar glasses on, Tech visor hat. That's it I'm gonna pitch it to the Discovery Channel, or maybe TechTV wil do it.
:p:
lol

LA_MERC_Spark
March 3rd, 2004, 02:38 PM
everybodies got be a funny man....... here's another pic of my first attempt to "chop" up a case... I added the lights and another fan...

LA_MERC_Spark
March 3rd, 2004, 02:40 PM
another

LA_MERC_Spark
March 3rd, 2004, 02:42 PM
still a work in progress...gota add the fish tank still... and a couple other things... not bad for the first attempt I say.... If I could've started with a better case it would be even better..

Regardless
March 3rd, 2004, 02:47 PM
I have 4 or so computers in basement and i work on them.
I built 1 comp out of parts from my sisters broken one and her other computer (she was mad about that one) but I amde her a better one with the parts. Although the network card isn't working, I think she doesn't mind it hah. Other one is mine which i added some ram that i stole from my sis' broken one, and a friend brought over his cousins for me to fix...

I don't know much I just get lucky :)

(Would send pic but no cam at the moment)

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM
Hey Spark...

What do you use to cut with? I ask because I will be looking to make a back plate for a computer soon, and I would like some pointers.

Grazie!

LaTech

aCiD
March 3rd, 2004, 03:39 PM
a saw zaw :p: - jp with ya Sparky :P looks good man, i was gonna try and do it to mine.. but i was like ... why? itll just boon it up :d:

LA_MERC_Spark
March 3rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
I used a jig saw with a fine metal blade.....gota be CAREFULL though.. it can get away from you real fast and then you'll have a beat up pos.... let me know what you want tech... maybe I can cut it out for ya...

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 3rd, 2004, 05:15 PM
w00t...will do man. Actually, if you would like some help, it would give me a chance to see the masta at work!

aCiD
March 3rd, 2004, 05:17 PM
you say you wanna see me dance?? WAAH~ OKAY :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 3rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
Responding to Goose's post.

I have an idea, but I have seen a lot of crazy computer setups. Care to offer a hint?

LA_MERC_goose
March 3rd, 2004, 06:44 PM
Frank - ex-military. tech support.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 3rd, 2004, 06:52 PM
frank edwards? he's my little cousin's .(2nd cousin) step dad now - married my 1st cousins' ex - wife.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==