PDA

View Full Version : burning iso???

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 26th, 2004, 07:08 AM
i have and 'iso' file of a program. I'm using nero but i keep going aroung in circles. i select 'file', 'burn image', then select the iso file and then burn....it creates a cd image. and now i can't do anything with the cd image???

what do i need to do now?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 26th, 2004, 07:13 AM
An iso is a cd image. When you burn that iso, it should create a playable cd from that image. After you burn the cd, take it out and put it in and go into My Computer and open your cd rom drive. What does it show is burned onto the cd?

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 26th, 2004, 07:20 AM
when i select the iso within nero to burn it...it ends up creating another type of file (can't remember the extension, something like nbf?). The first time i tried it, it created another image in the same directory. I tried double clicking on the new image and all it did was bring me into nero to start the whole process over again.

So then when i tried the iso file again, this time i directed it to the cd, it created another image on the cd. when putting the pointer over the file, it brings up a window that says "file ready to write to cd"...so i try to execute that file and it brings me back into nero again.....i'm such a boon.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 26th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Sounds like you have "Image Recorder" set as your default burner rather than your physical CD-RW drive.

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 26th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Make sure you don't have another CD burning program open whenever you try to burn. I ran into this problem the other day: Roxio opened on blank CD load. I then opened Nero and it came up as a Image Recorder instead of a CD Burner.

Just an idea!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 26th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Yeah Max, sounds like hes using the image recorder.

The option is at the top. Click on Recorder >> Choose Recorder then make sure to select your CR Recorder

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 26th, 2004, 07:54 AM
hmmm, these are the times when i wish i had remote access to my pc :(

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==