PDA

View Full Version : God hates me, I missed it .adsfelkupa

Lt.Dan
February 23rd, 2004, 11:20 PM
OMG I missed post 666, what in the heck was I thinking, oh yeah I was still in shock, ok let me tell you the story.

My AMD XP 2600 thoughbread B was running a little hot, so I decided to clean it up and put some new cooling crap on it. Well that did not go so well, the doctor’s needle looking thing with all the magical silver stuff, made in Germany no less, blew up all over the processor. So I tired to clean it up, but no, it just got worse. It was between the resistors and all over the phlox capacitors and down in the dylithum crystal.

Being the genius that I am I decided to just put it back in and turn it on. Well guest what, it did not work. My motherboard made what I can only assume was a Morris code transmission for birds to attack, because right after that winged animals began flying into the side of my house. The CPU temp read 106c, and then the computer shut down. Well need less to say I was a little upset.

So I went down to the local electronic shop and bought a new AMD XP2600+ baron core with 512 L2 cash, came with a fan ,cost me $115 total. I know not the best deal, but I went from blown CPU to back up and running in about 45 minutes. So when they say only put a small pen size amount of cooling gel on CPU, they mean it.

One good thing that came out of all this is that I really hated that processor, and I am glad that is dead now.
:blue:

SgtJeff
February 24th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Let me be only the most recent to add my thoughts...dood, your a freak...and I mean it in the nicest way...LOL

Maximus
February 24th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Uh, Trey, you ok buddy??? I think I took care of your 666th post man...Ok, well I took care of my own 666th post, but it was on your Birthday Greeting! Of course, you COULD nicely ask Dirge or Toby to reset your post count back to 665 and put your 666th one then... http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9840&highlight=666

aCiD
February 24th, 2004, 05:32 AM
lmao:p:

LA_MERC_goose
February 24th, 2004, 06:15 AM
So, you're suppose to put the silver stuff on the processor? I thought it tasted funny but I didn't read the instructions.
:twak

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 24th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Trey, I see the psych ward is letting you post more....
I suppose that is good, please keep us in touch :p:
hope your legs are feeling better.
:stick

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==