PDA

View Full Version : Need american muscle.. no more imports for me

aCiD
February 18th, 2004, 10:20 PM
WHat yall think about this? 302 Stroker with a pro charger rebuilt.. I dunno Hactchback or FoxBody "LX"??? this is a LX FOxbody :D

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 18th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Good thing its fast, that way you do not have to look at it for awhile.. personally.. EWWWWW

LA_MERC_Temp
February 18th, 2004, 10:32 PM
i agree, if i had to choose, i'd go for a stingray or an old camero ss or the tran sam from smokey and the bandit. a friend of mines dad said he had the old trans am and it would pin u to the seat when u hit the gas

LA_MERC_Drax
February 18th, 2004, 11:09 PM
yea, thats a ford acid, all kinda abbreviations for those. Found On Road Dead. Fix Or Repair Daily.

Maximus
February 19th, 2004, 02:13 AM
I'd rather be STROKIN to something other than THAT STROKER...If ya know what I mean...:tosser

Maximus
February 19th, 2004, 02:15 AM
:bb :bb :bb :bb :bb

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
February 19th, 2004, 06:37 AM
I hate to see what the SC Auto Insurance rates looks like on that babe! Ouch!

LA_MERC_goose
February 19th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Flip Over Read Direction
:D
Does it go over 55? Or only off cliffs? J/J

LA_MERC_Sniper
February 19th, 2004, 09:32 AM
OMG you guys ar esuch nubs nice car with a little work that gthing will blow the doors off anything around here man go for it. Besides " its a FORD" there is not anothe american muscle car in its class anymore since they quit making the camaro because of poor sales go for it dude

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 19th, 2004, 10:52 AM
lol acid has no money you kidding me? If the payment won't kill you m@l is right about insurance lol.. gas alone will kill you haha

aCiD
February 19th, 2004, 11:40 AM
bah all nubs except Sniper... MPG for a 302 5.0 is around 18-20 mpg thats with a mild cam, insurance for me.. ahahah since ive had no tickets is 60$ LESS than what im paying on my 94 FIrebird ahahah, got boon? roger.. and i CAN TELL that each of you who dissed that car has no respect or just scared of what that car will do to your wittle cars ::whine:: Cept Sniper, HE KNOWS what its capable of and ive rode in a 1992 5.0 Stroker with a Pro Charger and i must say, well i cant say what i said when i rode in it.. but HOLY CRAP! sure sure when you stroke the engine to a stroker 302 you get no gas milage but hey put a small cam in it and a pro charger and a lil 75 shot of NOS mainly for purgin to scare people and you have got a MEAN.. ARE.. CAR! w00t, amen to Sniper.. all you nubs can go slowly away :P

aCiD
February 19th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by -=Temp=-
i agree, if i had to choose, i'd go for a stingray or an old camero ss or the tran sam from smokey and the bandit. a friend of mines dad said he had the old trans am and it would pin u to the seat when u hit the gas

went to the strip in darlinton saw a 90 5.0 and a 2001 WS6 Trans Am and needless to say the musatng handed that trans am its "booty".. not even a good race.. trans got smoked :D i loved it WOOT:blue:

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 19th, 2004, 12:57 PM
I have no problem with mustangs :p But i perfer looks over speed..considering i have a wreckless driving ticket and about 4 speeding tickets... And have only been driving a few years.. Plus what am I guna do.. race to the speed limit? :p I like my per-d red mustang hehehe. But for speed, sure why not bro :p

JUNKY
February 19th, 2004, 01:04 PM
the Ram air WS6 is an appearance package mostly, the Ram Air isn't really that beneficial, as the stock Formulas with the LS1s are as fast. I have a friend with a reprogrammed CPU, mild cam, 2500rpm stall converter and pretty much stock everything else and his is running in the high 11's.

My problem is that drag racing doesn't do that much for me. Yay. fast in a straight line, vs. handling -- I'll take a better handling car any day, and unfortunately, handling isn't something that the Fox body Stangs, or the F-body GM's are known for.

I've seen powerstroke diesel ford F350's that run a 10 second quarter miles and they're daily driven trucks.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 19th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Excuse me Fellas......

WILL IT OUTRUN THIS ONE?

JUNKY
February 19th, 2004, 03:18 PM
What is tha t-- 71/73 model? Personally I want a 70 with the 2 piece front bumper - the guv'ment made GM put a solid bumper on it to meet safety laws in 71 I think.

Car looks sweet!! that the Berlinetta model with the vinyl covered roof section? what motor is in it? I have a thing for old Camaros. That one is about as new as I would own though, too much after that and the smog laws killed the american musclecar in about 75.

aCiD
February 19th, 2004, 04:07 PM
erm depends on what it comes with Yellow :P if its waht i think it will.. i hope it will beat it lol. :P But yea Those Powerstroke 350's are fast as a lot of those sporty trucks and some of the fast fast cars.. but my uncle has a F250 Super Duty Powerstroke and he was talking to a guy witht he same truck and his engine blew up after 10,000miles. I dunno, not saying they were crappy buit i just think that there turbo is to strong for those engines even tho they are diesels.. and the WS6 was made with the SS Camaro LS1 in mind so it still had to have some speed to keep up with it, even tho the Ram AIr hood is partially a joke and mainly for looks it still adds a small amount of horse power to the engine because of the cold air.. Now the SS Camaro has around 300 horsepower stock.. i didn't bealive it untill i looked up specs.. and they have on average 280-310 hp from factory.... never looked up specs on WS6 but i know they wernt that far behind, because the Formula V8 Firebird was a very quick car.. I mean yea there pretty and yes they sound very very good with exhuast, but you can still tell the 302 5.0 engine witha Borla... it sounds very sexy... :p: and oh yea, i never knew this thread could casue a controversy =-O lol but hey about the drag , i don't mind that much for it, i just wanna see what it is capable of doing ya know? so you can have a lil bit of brag time in ya know? hehehe :dance :dance :dance

Captain
February 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I got a Nova running 10's in the 1/4 foot brake.. Its ok

aCiD
February 19th, 2004, 04:47 PM
whats in your Nova? i know they came with 6 and 350 8's. did you cram a 454 in one? :D

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 19th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Junky, Its a 72 model, was orginaly a sport coupe, and it came with the vinyl top. The paint however is not the same color as the orginal, and stripes didnt come on it either. I think the combination of the top with the red and white makes for a diffrent looking ride.

And since we are not trying to stick with originality here. NEITER IS THE VRROM VROOM under the hood. ITs a small block with a few modifications, automatic floor shifter, 3.42 gears with an auburn positraction. Headers and all that good stuff that makes'em go :)

This is a show car however, stays in a garage most of the time, but I do drive her, she aint no trailer queen. I have had this car since I was 18, I am 29 now, so I guess I will be hainging onto her for quite a few more years....

LA_MERC_Sniper
February 19th, 2004, 10:05 PM
parker can you out run tadpole? doubt it jsut asking

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 19th, 2004, 10:21 PM
UHHHH... Have'nt tride....Thats one of those questions I have never got'en an answer to. It would be intresting, I must admit Jason has a nice mustang.

LA_MERC_Temp
February 20th, 2004, 12:22 AM
hell yeah, thats what i'm talking bout. u cant beat something that runs as good as it looks. i'd love to have one of those.

aCiD
March 29th, 2004, 11:46 AM
I would love to have a Shelby CObra :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==