PDA

View Full Version : How does CS 1.6 on LAN work?

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I know I had mentioned a while back that I was looking for a game to put on the LAN at work for friday afternoons.

I was wondering (Had searched the steam stie a while back but never found any info) if I could use CS1.6. The only thing is, can it wrok only on the LAN (no one playing on the net) without a valid steam ID? I'm sure we would buy atleast 1 copy to use on the server, but there's no way we are going to buy a copy to put on everyone's PC.

can this be done? can we either prevent the PC's from logging into the steam network, or all log in with the same ID and just play on LAN? anyone know of a way to disable internet play?

is it too big of a hassle and I should forget trying to use CS, and just use a diff game? (maybe Call of Duty???)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 13th, 2004, 04:01 PM
It doesn't work yet. They are still working on it.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 13th, 2004, 07:30 PM
guess that's why I couldn't find any info on the steam site.

how is armagedon going to be done?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 13th, 2004, 07:45 PM
I'm hoping they fix it by then.. :laugh:

Omega_Prime
February 13th, 2004, 08:09 PM
if lan doesnt work then how do they compete in the cpl? and how is it me and others are able to lan together?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 13th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Omega.. You are able to lan together with others as long as you have a connection to the internet. The same goes for CPL.

I'm not certain that we will be able to get internet access, we will see how that works out. By lan time, something will be done about it.

Also, Mike..do you ever check your icq messages? lol

Omega_Prime
February 15th, 2004, 01:42 PM
o so you have to be connected to internet for it to work i did not know that, but dont you guys always get bayou to host internet? so that shouldnt be a problem if they dont fix that in time for the lan.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==